SDC & SB praised in Nov. Hemmings Classic Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDC & SB praised in Nov. Hemmings Classic Car

Those of you who receive Hemmings Classic Car, be sure to read Jim Donnelly's regular column when you get your November 2012 edition.

Jim was the Featured Speaker at the 2012 SDC Awards Banquet. He was apparently much impressed with SDC, South Bend, The Studebaker National Museum, and all attendees during the week.

'Hard to imagine a more glowing report than what he tendered.

(BTW, my next column appears in the December issue, not this November edition.) BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 09-17-2012, 06:39 PM. Reason: corrected dates
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

He keeps talking about meets being every 5 years, probably SB meets. Good publicity though.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I was waiting for someone to bring this up. But Bob you forgot to mention Pat Foster;s article on Studebaker names that was just before Jim's glowing report on South Bend. Read them both last week while you out playing at the Pure Stock Drags. -
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
        I was waiting for someone to bring this up. But Bob you forgot to mention Pat Foster's article on Studebaker names that was just before Jim's glowing report on South Bend. Read them both last week while you out playing at the Pure Stock Drags.
        Right, Don; Pat's article/column is a good read, too.
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

My wife and I were at the Awards Banquet and saw and heard Jim Donnelly speak. When he mentioned the various Hemmings publications he's been associated with, when he mentioned Hemmings Classic Car, I blurted out "that's my favorite!" He responded "that's my baby."
          I really enjoyed his article in the latest "Classic Car" issue along with Pat Foster's article about names of extinct cars that could be still used today in modern cars.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
          X