Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tsenecal
    replied
    I agree! It's a very nice truck. It must feel great to be able to drive it, after the work it took to get there. Last week, I was able to buy my deceased father in laws truck. It is also a 58, one ton, with a 10' flat bed with stock rack. Not running, but will be soon.

Leave a comment:

• junior
    replied
    wow, sweet looking rig and if that photo of the rusted hulk is what you started with then 10 X wow! why not start a new thread in Members' Studebaker Photos forum and give that truck the exposure that it deserves? cheers, junior

Leave a comment:

• redvoyager
    replied
    Well its been a while since this post....I finally have driven and taken my truck to Daytona Turkey run this year......Yay. Still original steering though.(sigh)

Leave a comment:

• redvoyager
    replied
    I am talking about the Sag power steering jacket. It is quite large at the box end.
    I am looking at options for both the wagon and the 1 ton. I would like to at least keep some semblance of originality.

Norm
    58 Transtar 1 ton dually PU
    58 2 door wagon
    Davenport, Fl

Leave a comment:

• redvoyager
    replied
    I am talking about the Sag power steering jacket. It is quite large at the box end.
    I am looking at options for both the wagon and the 1 ton. I would like to at least keep some semblance of originality.

Norm
    58 2 door wagon
    Davenport, Fl

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    norm,

I *THINK* the jacket is the same saginaw and ross if we're talking about the manual steering boxes. check your parts book to be sure tho.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    norm,

I *THINK* the jacket is the same saginaw and ross if we're talking about the manual steering boxes. check your parts book to be sure tho.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Leave a comment:

• redvoyager
    replied
    Well, I thought I'd revive this topic since it didn't seem finished. Also, it's self serving as I am considering options for my 58 wagon. I too have the Saginaw box but need the outer column. It unfortunately has the Chev V8 (came with it).

Norm
    58 2 door wagon
    Davenport, Fl

Leave a comment:

• redvoyager
    replied
    Well, I thought I'd revive this topic since it didn't seem finished. Also, it's self serving as I am considering options for my 58 wagon. I too have the Saginaw box but need the outer column. It unfortunately has the Chev V8 (came with it).

Norm
    58 2 door wagon
    Davenport, Fl

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Would also be interested in the Cavilier rack and Pinion .... I have a Saginaw P.S. setup and it weighs a ton! Haven't tried it in the '54 coupe yet but have heard it interferes with the Stude headers. Anyone else tried the Saginaw with a 289 and headers?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Would also be interested in the Cavilier rack and Pinion .... I have a Saginaw P.S. setup and it weighs a ton! Haven't tried it in the '54 coupe yet but have heard it interferes with the Stude headers. Anyone else tried the Saginaw with a 289 and headers?

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    I think that the Saginaw P/S box might actually offer *more* clearance between the pitman shaft and the exhaust than the Ross box, because the Saginaw box uses a pinch bolt while the Ross uses a big nut and a splined shaft. The Ross is smaller in almost every other way though.

I haven't done aside by side comparison; this is just a gut feeling.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop
    http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    I think that the Saginaw P/S box might actually offer *more* clearance between the pitman shaft and the exhaust than the Ross box, because the Saginaw box uses a pinch bolt while the Ross uses a big nut and a splined shaft. The Ross is smaller in almost every other way though.

I haven't done aside by side comparison; this is just a gut feeling.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop
    http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Leave a comment:

• Bunzard
    replied
    I'm going to start installation of a Mustang power rack and pinion on a '64 Daytona tomorrow. [B)] By this time tomorrow I hope to have an opinion whether it was a good idea or not.[?]

Leave a comment:

• Bunzard
    replied
    I'm going to start installation of a Mustang power rack and pinion on a '64 Daytona tomorrow. [B)] By this time tomorrow I hope to have an opinion whether it was a good idea or not.[?]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X