No announcement yet.

Are Zone Meets Getting Fewer Cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Joe's comment about location for next years Tri-State meet. At this time we are looking at a couple locations in Maggie Valley about 2 miles west of Lake Junaluska.Lake Junaluskas field is a great location for a show but apparently the rooms leave something to be desired.We did not make our room quota or banquet numbers. Even thou we are not a business we cannot continue many years supplementing the meet. Hopefully a change of venue will help. If not . oh well. I also realize it might be time to change the name of our club to SOC. Studebaker Owners Club. David Hauser Tri-State Meet Chair

Comment

Originally posted by jg61hawk View Post
      I went to to the Atlantic Zone last year in Gettysburg and it was full of cars and great times. I went to the Northeast Zone this year and it was pretty full too. Over here in the East we still party hardy!!!!!
      Speaking of, when is the next Atlantic Zone meet? I had a blast at Gettysburg but had to take the daily driver..:>(

Comment

David...Our room at Tri-State was really nice,no complaints here.

Comment

Well two things. The next Atlantic Zone Meet will not be in Gettysburg as the Meet Chairmen have officially retired from the Meet promotion business. If the Tri-State Meet is in Maggie Valley i will probably be there. Need to ask Paul Johnson about the Atlantic Zone Meet location as it is up to him to find a willing Chapter to sponsor it. How about Central Virginia are you willing if you are I may be convinced to help you.
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I attended my first Tri-state Meet in 1994 right after I got my '49 truck. I have attended just about all of them since then. It's still my favorite meet, including the International. I have noticed fewer cars year by year. I'll bet that the combination meet next year will bring a lot more people. David, Jack, and all the other members of the club will have a good program. I am proud to be a member of the NC club

Comment

Working...
            X