63 R2 back on road - thanks for the help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 R2 back on road - thanks for the help

A year and a half ago, an R2 that had been in storage since 1977, was disassembled and an all inclusive overhaul was started. It had an interesting, if not short past, having been a factory R2 4 speed, than a Studebaker dealer installed Granatelli R4, then R1 whereupon it languished, unused for almost 4 decades. Everything that could be taken off, was taken off, replaced, refurbished, and or rebuilt. Nothing spectacular about that; however what was spectacular is the degree of help and good information literally from all over the world received from forum members for the many, many questions that came up during this process. This was my first Avanti restoration after completing 7 Studebaker restorations since 1995. Before and after pics are attached. Hats off to all of you. Ken, Deltaville, Va
    Attached Files

ATTA-BOY Ken, glad you pulled it all together. Enjoy your new ride!
    Jim
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Superb Ken!
      Nice fleet of Avanti's you have....
      Jeff
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Ken, it is people like you that continue the tradition of keeping Avantis on the road. Congratulations for the effort and for keeping this car alive and well. Hopefully some time in the future I'll run across you and this car especially if you venture across the bridge-tunnel to the western shore. Also don't forget about the SDC International meet in Dover DE in 2014. Going to be held on the Race Track grounds.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Standing ovation for keeping another Stude on the road. ))
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Congratulations! It looks great.
            Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Well Done! Another example of our need for a "Thumbs Up" button on the forum! Just in time for Drive Your Studebaker Day, Enjoy!
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

We do have 'thumbs up'. After you open 'reply', click on 'go advanced', then click on the smiley on the top line.

Comment

Working...
                X