No announcement yet.

Another One Bites the Dust - Prayer Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations Brian! Looking forward to seeing you guys later today.

Pat
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Whoops! I was so excited I forgot to tell you guys that the spine doctor said that Linda is healing very nicely. She will have to wear the brace for another month, but after that, some physical therapy, and she's done! See ya later today Pat.
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by brian6373 View Post
        Whoops! I was so excited I forgot to tell you guys that the spine doctor said that Linda is healing very nicely. She will have to wear the brace for another month, but after that, some physical therapy, and she's done! See ya later today Pat.
        Brian
        Any updates on Linda, yourself and that 1963 Cruiser?
        --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Hi all and Merry X-mass. Linda is out of the brace and doing great w/ the physical therapy. She is getting stronger every day. I'm fine, and all healed. Here's the lowdown on the Cruiser. The interior is super! The mechanical is worn out. I'm going to do all the brakes first, then the suspension. After replacing the dist. with a Pertronix equipped Delco window type, and new plugs and wires, the engine runs pretty good. I did a comp. test and I have two cyl. @ 150 psi. the rest @ 125-135 psi. and # 3 @ 65 psi. I also rebuilt a NOS carter fuel pump and installed that. It looks like the heads have been off, as there is orange RTV around the water pump manifold. Thats all I've had time for, but I'm hoping to get more work done soon. I'll start a new thread on my resoration when I get a chance to really get going! Thanks to one and all for your support and prayers these last months. Stude people are the Best!
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by brian6373 View Post
            Hi all and Merry X-mass. Linda is out of the brace and doing great w/ the physical therapy. She is getting stronger every day. I'm fine, and all healed. Here's the lowdown on the Cruiser. The interior is super! The mechanical is worn out. I'm going to do all the brakes first, then the suspension. After replacing the dist. with a Pertronix equipped Delco window type, and new plugs and wires, the engine runs pretty good. I did a comp. test and I have two cyl. @ 150 psi. the rest @ 125-135 psi. and # 3 @ 65 psi. I also rebuilt a NOS carter fuel pump and installed that. It looks like the heads have been off, as there is orange RTV around the water pump manifold. Thats all I've had time for, but I'm hoping to get more work done soon. I'll start a new thread on my resoration when I get a chance to really get going! Thanks to one and all for your support and prayers these last months. Stude people are the Best!
            Brian
            I 'hate' to say this but; mechanical work is usually easier (and cheaper) to do than body/interior repair. Since you have to redo the brakes; will you leave them stock or go with the Turner disc conversion?
            --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	stude neon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1676415Click image for larger version

Name:	stude damage 008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1676414
              I 'hate' to say this but; mechanical work is usually easier (and cheaper) to do than body/interior repair. Since you have to redo the brakes; will you leave them stock or go with the Turner disc conversion?
              I have to agree that the mechanical work is something that I know how to do and enjoy doing. I've never done interior work and I'm afraid I'd just screw something up trying. I've done bodywork and it came out nice, but it's not something I like doing. As for the brakes, I'll be going with the stock drums. This car came with the finned drums on it all around. I'm planning on adding a power brake booster and a Hill-Holder to the system. I have all the parts on the shelf to do this. I also have a complete Studebaker disc brake set-up on the shelf that I could use, but in the back of my mind someday I'd like to get a Daytona and build it R-1 car to put these on. I've heard a lot of good things about the Turner conversion brakes, and I would consider using them on a "go fast" car. I'm just not convinced that for normal driving conditions the cost of disc brakes are justifiable. Did I mention that this car does have the 44 axel w/ Twin Traction? I don't know the ratio yet, I didn't see a tag on it. If anyone knows where the "TT" emblem should go, let me know. The Cruiser has the extra chrome across the lower rear so I don't think it should go there.[ATTACH=CONFIG]19685[
              Brian
              Attached Files
              Last edited by brian6373; 12-25-2012, 09:28 PM.

Comment

I don't think that 63 and newer larks had the TT emblem. I have had several cars with TT but never the emblem. My 64 Cruiser does not have the embem but does the TT. Make sure you register your beautiful new Cruiser at the Cruiser registry.

Mark

Comment

I'm going to start a new thread "63 Cruiser" see you there!
                  Brian

Comment

Working...
                  X