Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music city (nashville) meet oct12&13th

Howdy Gang,

This is a little late but I wanted to make a call out to all SDC members that we need YOU!!!!
    to come to Nashville TN Oct 12 and 13th For the Middle Tennessee Studebaker Drivers Club Car Show and Swap Meet.

*Just dream about**** "Its a beautiful fall day in Tennessee you and your baby are cruise'n down the highways enjoing the sights knowing full well that this is going to be fun... HELL! its Nashville Tennessee why wouldn't it be, True Country Music, Studebaker Fellowship, Car Parts, The Grand Ol Opry, Opry Mills Mall. There will be no finer place to be, you know darn well that fall car shows are the best shows.. No crazy hot weater, no overheating cars, no sun burn.. sounds perfect."

Here are some details (I will post a flyer tomorrow)

The meet will be held at Fiddlers Inn 2410 Music Valley Dr. Nashville TN 37214 1-877-223-7621
    Hotel rooms are set at 64.95 + tax, (Car show and swap will be held on the property)
    the hotel is in the heart of the Opry Mills area (including a large mall, opry hotel and many other attractions)

Oct 13th is the day of the car show and to General Registraion + 1 car is just $30 a banquet is being held that evening $22 for an adult and $8 for child under 12

THIS IS THE GREAT PART!!!!..........FREE OUTDOOR VENDORS!!

If you've got parts to sell, this is the meet for you and by exstention this will be the place to buy.
    NO CHARGE TO VENDORS !!!

Like i said, I'll post more tomorrow but untill then feel free to call the members below for more details

Paul Wallace 931-703-5318, 931-359-5318
    Gene Cuthbert 931-454-2408

Hello, Paul !! Folks, he's right, this is a really good show and it's right in the middle of everything. We always enjoyed these folks and the car stuff. This is where I saw my 1st Coupe Express, showed our Avanti and '58 1 1/2 ton truck the 1st time, bought and sold parts, seen and met Bob Bourke and Ron Hall, etc. (and I think the 1st time seeing the Chicken Hawk and Mr. Harbitt.) Paul, we hope it's a good one for you folks, if we were over there during this, I'd see ya' then. Is Joe and Sam still in the club ? I transfer'd my membership from Alabama to this group when we moved back to Nashville, great group of people that work hard putting on a great event. I bet the Fiddlers Inn is a better place than up by "the gold building" isn't it ? Good luck !! John & Karen

Comment

Hey Ryan , you got the "old man" coming?
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
        Hey Ryan , you got the "old man" coming?
        He is talking about it.

Comment

Go to the Country Music Hall of Fame while your here. The collection is massive. Next months theme includes Elvis, Hank JR Taylor Swift, and The Bakersfield Sound. Buck Owens, Merle Haggard and California Country. I went last year for the first time. One of my favorite deals ever. I will be at the Fiddlers Inn with some parts.
          My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
          sigpic
          Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
          in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

I think I'll go to this one. I've talked Matt Frushour into going too.

Comment

Awesome, to see some response,
              1. Yes Bob, I think my Dad is coming down
              2. Dear J.Byrd.. I will pass on your message to Paul Wallace and the group at our meeting on Sunday, p.s. Jo and Sam are still in the club and are a huge help.
              3. Matt, hope you can make it, if you need a place to crash I'm happy to help, we'll just have to chain Matt Frushour to a tree in the yard..HAHA and hehaw.

Sorry for the delay in posting the flyer, my scanner is giving a lot of trouble but I will get it and... of course... SEE YOU IN NASHVILLE!!

Comment

Ryan ....pm sent
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

wondering what type of turn out you guys usually have for swap meet? i'm still looking for parts and have not yet had much luck at SDC swaps (been to York and Southbend twice this year), live in Ohio and wondering if its worth the time to drive down-neither car is ready for shows-just need parts.....thanks cathy

Comment

johnand cathy have you tried the Studebaker Swap
                    http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/swap.php
                    7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
                    http://ozarktrails.tripod.com/
                    SDC Member 1985

Comment

Cathy, Its hard to say right now how many vendor we might get.. in the past the shows have had less vendors then South Bend or York, plus those shows (and maybe including Reedsville) are huge Vending shows and are often hard to compare with other regional shows.

Comment

Flyer issues!

Well for some one my age I seem to suffer a lot with computers, anyway the Flyer PDF is to large of a file to post as an attachment and I can't figure out how to compress it..

SOOOO... If you would like to see the flyer just shoot me a PM with you email and I'll send it to you

Thanks

Comment

Send one my way. mbstude@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                            I think I'll go to this one. I've talked Matt Frushour into going too.
                            2 Matts=double trouble!
                            Attached Files
                            Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Somebody bring me a C-Cab seat bottom when you come to Tennessee!

Comment

Working...
                              X