58 Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Wagon

I need to replace this part of the rear inside section of the driver's side quarter panel. I don't want to have to buy a NOS 4dr quarter just to get this piece. Part# 1326061
    Thanks inadvance,
    Kim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kamzack; 08-30-2012, 11:19 PM.

Originally posted by kamzack View Post
    I don't want to have to buy a NOS 4dr quarter just to get this piece. Part# 1326061 Thanks inadvance, Kim
    Using a sedan piece on that wagon is gonna be quite a stretch!!!
    Compare this picture to your wagon~

There's not much metal to work with on the sedan piece.

StudeDave '57
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Carl Purdy went through something similar to this on his 56 wagon. Maybe he'll chime in.
      sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

You will have to get it sand blasted first to see what you have. If it is just a hole cut and patch.
        7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
        http://ozarktrails.tripod.com/
        SDC Member 1985

Comment

You can get sheet steel at a metal supply place. Of course, it'll cost you as much (or more) than that formed piece would - if you can find one. Part# 1326061
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I am hopeing that by my having posted the part # and a pic, someone might have an NOS or good used one from a parts wagon. The car owner wants it to be replaced with one in better condition. The NOS 4 door quaters have this piece attached. Back in the days of Sasco, Spilski woulda cut it off and sold it to ya, SI wonj't. Wagon was side swiped way back and loaded up with plastic filler and since we have an NOS 2 door quarter, he wants that piece new or good used.
            Thanks for the help, so far,
            Kim

Comment

Working...
            X