53 Commander Dash part needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 Commander Dash part needed

I need an NOS, or very cood condition, panel from the 53 Commander dash.
    This is the aluminum sheet panel that the "eyebrow" (or whatever they're called) bezels (?) are screwed to. The gauges are right behind this panel.
    It's got the "V8" insignia on it.

I've got one that's straight, but the surface condition is pretty bad. And I want to install a nice one in my Wagon.

I was just going to paint the panel I have, but thought that a nice original one would look better.

Please PM me with your possibilities.
    Thanks

Mike

Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten View Post
    I need an NOS, or very cood condition, panel from the 53 Commander dash.
    This is the aluminum sheet panel that the "eyebrow" (or whatever they're called) bezels (?) are screwed to. The gauges are right behind this panel.
    It's got the "V8" insignia on it.

I've got one that's straight, but the surface condition is pretty bad. And I want to install a nice one in my Wagon.

I was just going to paint the panel I have, but thought that a nice original one would look better.

Please PM me with your possibilities.
    Thanks

Mike
    Probably won't help you much now, but when I did my '53 Commander dash many years ago, my panel was straight too, but the fine lines were very poor. I matched the aluminum color with a rattle can then gave the panel to a young draftsman in the next office plus an old one to work from. He set up one of his machines and did the lines for me. Maybe not quite like a new one, but no one would ever notice. I used to give him rides home after work so he felt a little obligated to do the job for me.
    The first thumbnail below is the way it looks now. The second is of a NOS one I snagged many years ago.
    Attached Files
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Mike,

Paul Johnson has one. A little birdie told me.
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

You want a 53 panel for a 54 wagon? Do I read that right?
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
        10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
        56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
        60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Working...
        X