Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warrlaw1
    replied
    Hope Dylan finds the El Presidente is the Speedster version. If uncle liked hawks....just sayin' Go Dylan!

Leave a comment:

• jimmijim8
    replied
    I hate when that happens
    Originally posted by avantilover View Post
    The Israeli car was scrapped long ago, and there was reference in a recent TW article on Israeli Studebaker things.

Leave a comment:

• avantilover
    replied
    The Israeli car was scrapped long ago, and there was reference in a recent TW article on Israeli Studebaker things.

Leave a comment:

• jimmijim8
    replied
    That was a nice piece. I wonder if it survives/ jimmijim

Leave a comment:

• Bordeaux Daytona
    replied
    There was the Israeli built 64 stretch convertible that was called the President. That would be something if it is the same car.
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=haifa

Leave a comment:

• jimmijim8
    replied
    Hopefully it is the El Presidente and still would be ok even if it turns out to be an El Vice Presidente. cheers jimmijim

Leave a comment:

• Dylan
    replied
    Thanks for your help first of all.

The car that will be given to me is the President, the GT Hawk was pulled from storage back in 2009 I believe. It was then taken to the engine shop where it spent for a year. It's currently running here in Bakersfield, Ca. The president is the last one in the storage unit that needs something to be done with, since I'm a big car person I who would love to have something older. My uncle will be giving the car to me sometime in Oct when we go down to pick it up. Both of these cars have been in the locker for 20 years or so and have not seen sun, wet weather. They are in great condition the president just needs the engine gone through and the mechanical things looked at. He told me it was a El Presidente and I thought I would get on here and ask some questions to see what it may be. I believe it is a president now that you said it, I will be able to let you guys know more when I go down and pick it up. I do appreciate the help. I'm looking around a year or so to get it back on the road and running.

Thanks again everyone!

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Welcome, Dylan.
    The easiest way to detect the details on your vehicles is to post the body tag information. This is a metal tag screwed to the firewall, under the hood on the passenger side.
    Give us more information on what you've got and we can more precisely advise. The Serial number plate on the drivers door pillar can also indicate when and where they were built, as well as other trim details.

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Hi Dylan, welcome to the world of Studebakers and to the Forum! We're glad to have you here!

Studebaker never made an "El Presidente", although they did make a President model up until 1958 (and it could have been referred to that way in Latin America, I guess!).

The '64 Hawk is a pretty rare bird; you are lucky to have this. What is the car you were given? Post some pix - we'd love to see your cars!

Leave a comment:

• Dylan
    started a topic 1964 - 1965 Studebaker El Presidente?

1964 - 1965 Studebaker El Presidente?

Good evening,

My name is Dylan I just recently I have been given a 1964 or 1965 Studebaker. My family owns both a '64 GT Hawk, and also the El Presidente. They both have been sitting in a storage room for 20 years or so. Is there such thing as a Studebaker El Presidente? Or is there just a mishap? I have looked and have seen very little info but not much comes up when I search for things on that model. Thanks again!
Working...
X