Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimsLeadCommander
    replied
    One of the pics was of the rusted frame? I think StudeRich's assessment is correct.

Leave a comment:

• TX Rebel
    replied
    Fred Flintstone didn't need no stinking floors!

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Dresbach
    replied
    That Hawk doesn't look so bad... I mean, that does rings around my '53. Come on, who needs floors??

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Someone on the Forum just an hour or two ago was asking about the availability of a Dana 44 3.06[sic]. The 3.07 TT I put behind my 289 is a 27. If I weren't so CASO and you weren't on the other coast...

Edited to note you have already responded to the request for the 3.06.
    Last edited by rockne10; 08-28-2012, 09:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    I picked this car up just to do what I do best and that is scrap it out, the big surprise I got was the frame is toast, so far the bat wing, pair of rear 10" fin drums is sold to one person, another got the fins and the air dam, the seats are split recliners and very use able same with matching rear seat, the full flow 289 and trany should work into some bucks, along with the 44 TT 307.1 rear end, doors and glass is good, front fender are nice and rear fenders can be saver if I want to just not sure I want to. Steering box is a non power type but will be saved, spindles will go to SI, hood and trunk are rather nice so all in all sometimes cars are worth more as parts than a project, will post some pictures of the 49 Champion 4 door, picked up just for the doors and they are on way to Australia, but body is rust free and 6 cyl engine is stuck, front end will get saved and rest will go to China.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Maybe a prime candidate for something like this.

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Originally posted by jclary View Post
    a custom casket with some strange stainless trim...
    I want a '56 Hawk grille on the front of mine

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    I've got 2-3000 pieces of stainless. How much do you want?
    I have a feeling that between the two of us...the supply just might be to great for potential customers to live long enough to use it up!

Including me...perhaps a custom casket with some strange stainless trim...a ding or two here and there.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Originally posted by jclary View Post
    Yeah...but for you...collecting the Stainless makes it worth the temptation!
    I've got 2-3000 pieces of stainless. How much do you want?

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    Sometimes they are just a little too far gone.
    Yeah...but for you...collecting the Stainless makes it worth the temptation!

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Just save the rare auxiliary heater and send the rest off to become Chinese Toasters.

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    Could be worse - like this...

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    It looks like a twin to a white '60 Hawk (east coast car) that my granddad had, I think it got scrapped recently after being picked clean. Years ago when we pulled it home, the back bumper fell off. We used a hyster to get it off the trailer and the rear end fell out.

I remember trying to move it once. I hooked a chain to the rear section of the frame, and pulled about 4 feet of frame rail out of the car. Sometimes they are just a little too far gone.

Leave a comment:

• swvalcon
    replied
    Nibbs53. Get out the welder and some sheet metal and go to work. Anything can be saved just depends on how hard you want to work. Heres some shots of my 64 that I just picked up. Just tring to get it driveable this fall for a few car shows. Then will do a frame off on it this winter. Pushrod63. Your right most shops are anywhere from $60. to 100. I'am semi retired and If I can clear $35. and hour Iam happy so I stay about as busy as I want. But my shop is right out back of the house makes a big difference.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I remember one '55 Speedster where the outer door skin peeled off when we went to open the door. The car became a national winner. Never again, for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X