Need Any Wheel Covers...Check This Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Any Wheel Covers...Check This Out

http://www.hubcaps.org/studebaker.html I just bought two original (Restored) 53 from them.

FIFTY bucks for a "dog dish" cap! I'm RICH!!!
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That is a cool site. Could have saved me a few weeks eBaying and hoping for a good result. Cheers.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Reconditioned Wheel Covers!

Not too shabby! I am impressed with their Studebaker Hubcap/Wheelcover knowledge, coverage and quality.
        I only found about 3 errors in the year ranges of them, but with the good Pics and Video you should be able to tell what you need.

I have never heard of a Co. fully reconditioning hub caps to new condition before.

Britney the video girl only missed the start of the Studebaker Corp. by 16 years, closer than most!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Which one of the dog dish caps were used on the 63 superlark?

Comment

Originally posted by jg61hawk View Post
            http://www.hubcaps.org/studebaker.html I just bought two original (Restored) 53 from them.
            Have you seen the actual items yet?
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by 00RACER View Post
              Per Studebaker Service Letter C-1963-1, dated January 17, 1963, two different types of "wheel hub covers" (their terminology) were used on 1963 Lark models. The first and most common is part # 1558738. But, as stated in the Service Letter, "Should you encounter a condition of the wheel hub cover becoming detached from the front wheel during vehicle operation and if it is of the type shown as 'A', install four wheel hub covers, Part Number 1559379, of the type as 'B' shown in the illustation." The 1559379 cover resembles the standard 1959 cover, but is not the same. Although the Service Letter doesn't say, I would always see the 1559379 covers installed on "disc brake wheels" so that wheel design may not have held the 1558738 covers securely.

Comment

That would be the '63 Stude. Caps, the ugly ones 1538738! That is their # STD1.

That explains why Ted Harbit has '62 Hawk Wheel Covers on the '63 Lark R3 Custom 2 dr. Sedan, "the Tomato".

In my opinion the best looking Center Caps are the '60 type 1548689, their # STD2.

Brand new ones are at Studebaker Vendors at: http://studebakervendors.com for a lot less.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I see the 1559379 in SI catalog for $40--Is that the one?
                  thanks

Comment

I see the 1559379 in SI catalog for $40--Is that the one?
                    thanks
                    Yes, the picture indeed shows a 1559379.

Comment

wow. I am looking for some Hudson hubcaps... but too rich for my blood. I'll wait for next years swap meet.
                      1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Which Studebaker vendor sights have them listed?

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                          Not too shabby! I am impressed with their Studebaker Hubcap/Wheelcover knowledge, coverage and quality.
                          I only found about 3 errors in the year ranges of them, but with the good Pics and Video you should be able to tell what you need.

I have never heard of a Co. fully reconditioning hub caps to new condition before.

Britney the video girl only missed the start of the Studebaker Corp. by 16 years, closer than most!
                          They obviously aren't that smart, the one they are showing as a 59-64 airflow is NOT a Studebaker cap. Studebaker airflow covers do not have ribs around the outer edge of the cone shaped center. And where are the aero-struts? I need one! :-)
                          JS
                          Last edited by LarkTruck; 08-27-2012, 03:56 PM.
                          I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

How good of an AeroStrut hub cap do you need? I have four used ones somewhere and could check thier condition and see if one would meet your needs.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by jd-stude View Post
                              How good of an AeroStrut hub cap do you need? I have four used ones somewhere and could check thier condition and see if one would meet your needs.

Ken
                              Ken, PM sent.
                              Thanks.
                              Jim
                              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Working...
                              X