1956 Two door wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956 Two door wagon

Spent a good part of yesterday walking around French Lake junk yard. Still a lot of Studebakers and Packards in the yard. The range from the mid 30s to 64. One of the Studebakers was a 56 Two door wagon, I think mostly complete and still saveable. There was also a 57 Packard sedan. If any one is interested ? The yard is in central Minnesota.
    Klif
    55 Speedster/Street Machine
    63 Avanti R2
    64 Convertible R1

Klif: Is real estate cheap up there?

Reason I ask is that around here, all the yards crushed the older cars decades ago due to the price of land and the demands of space. There are precious few yards in central Indiana where I would expect to find a treasure trove of cars such as you describe. In fact, I can't think of a one right off...but I do know of two that have been closed, packed, and bailed in the last ten years.

Is that part of Minnesota rural enough that land is still cheap and there isn't too much pressure on yard operators?

Just curious; 'trying to explain why those cars would still be available. I'm sure glad they are. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I have a friend down here who is working on a 56 President wagon, needing a luggage rack.
      Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Wasn't someone lookinG for a left side 'checkmark' (fin forward cap) for a '56 wagon on the Forum recently?

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
          Wasn't someone lookinG for a left side 'checkmark' (fin forward cap) for a '56 wagon on the Forum recently?
          I'm thinking that would be ST2DE5
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

I give up on finding one so I covered the front of the fin with fiber glass. In the process of painting now.

Comment

Pelham, Parkview or Pinehurst?

Comment

BP
                It is in a rural setting. Its also an old yard. Give me your address and I'll send you an aerial photo of it. There are many Packards also. At least 8 of the late Sr cars. 55-56

qsanford
                I didn't notice the model name. Just that it was a 56 2 door.
                Klif
                63 Avanti R2
                64 Convertible R1

Comment

What shape was the 57 Packard in? Was it mostly complete?

Thanks,
                  Nick

Comment

It was mostly complete. The blower and I think all the mounts and air cleaner were missing and one tail lite lens was missing.
                    Klif
                    63 Avanti R2
                    64 Convertible R1

Comment

Originally posted by TX Rebel View Post
                      I have a friend down here who is working on a 56 President wagon, needing a luggage rack.
                      I pulled my luggage rack from a 58 wagon in French lake around 1994 or so. It's a great junkyard and they actively add old cars whenever they find them. It's in the middle of farm country, but it's an active, thriving junk yard. Cool place.
                      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
                      10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                      10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
                      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
                      56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
                      60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Working...
                      X