September Turning Wheels - raffle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Turning Wheels - raffle

Page 41 has an ad for a raffle for a 56 President which depending on how many tickets are sold may end up being a 50/50 drawing.
    Before I sent money, I goggled the organization since it is not close by.
    I found a little about the local organization but nothing directly about the raffle.
    Can anyone tell me good things about that local club. Seems that there are some "conflicts" swirling around it.
    Does anyone know the car ?
    I know the overall national organization is a very well run, upstanding one. No questions there.
    Just curious about that local club.
    South Lompoc Studebaker

I was looking at that one, too.I enter several classic car raffles per year,but for some reason, I wasn't "feeling" this one.

Comment

I noticed it also. The first thing that I noticed was that the check is to be made out to an individual, not the organization. The individual is listed in my 2008 SDC Roster.
      I wrote him a check. They are nice prizes.
      I also enter many car raffles each year and have yet to win anything - just consider it a donation. I enter raffles from $3 to $100 per ticket. I could have purchased a decent car for what I have donated in raffle tickets.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I, too, am curious if anyone has seen this 1956 President Classic or has any personal experience with the raffle coordinator, John Resteiner?
        In Googling the Ogemaw Boys & Girls Club, I see they are currently in litigation with the State of Michigan Department of Human Services over their licensure and practices.
        Usually raffle payments are made out to the organization and not an individual.
        Anyone have any input or thoughts?
        Christof Kheim
        ---studesnbldr
        ckheim@yahoo.com

Comment

I sent a check to them months ago.
          John Resteiner, as well as being a member of SDC, is the President of this boys & girls club.
          I didn't win anything.
          For anyone that is interested, the club posted a video of the drawing on YouTube.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Gary, can you please post a link to that video? My searches (Google and YouTube) were unsuccessful.
            ~Matt Connor
            '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
              Gary, can you please post a link to that video? My searches (Google and YouTube) were unsuccessful.
              When I googled the b&g club, the first thing that came up was the video.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Found it. But there must be a problem with the audio. They didn't call my name.
                ~Matt Connor
                '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Working...
                X