Humorous NON-misrepresentation in Sept Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humorous NON-misrepresentation in Sept Turning Wheels

'Anyone else notice the humorous non-misrepresentation in the September 2012 Turning Wheels?

On Page 21, Ann Turner rightly outlines red flags when dealing with people who respond to your want ad. As Ann reviews, we know broken English and no reference to your "item" by specific part description are clear indicators something is amiss.

Ann's report includes this quote in bold italics:

Now, note the person responding to the ad said he could, "Ship from London without no delay."

That's a double negative, so if he asserts he'll ship without no delay, it REALLY means he will ship WITH delay! And since he doesn't specify the length of that disclosed delay, it may be assumed that it could be forever, and you'll never receive that which you paid for.
    Yep; 'nothing misrepresented there, for sure, since he says up front he'll ship "without no delay!"

(BTW, Ann; that was an excellent treatise. Forewarned is forearmed and all that.) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Ya , I still have a $3700.00 cashiers check this dude sent me for my Item on e-bay, mine was a car but to him it was just an item, didn't even know what he was paying for, but his check was include shipping cost as I was to cash it right when i got it and send part of the payment to his shipper, the rest was for my item, I strung him on for a month or so telling him first I had not received it yet and then finely informed him that since his cashiers check was no good he would not be receiving any money, also his check came with out a return address so I have it here to remind me of people like him or her.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Interesting, Bob. Since it is bogus, why not scan it and post it here for everyone's amusement and edification? I'd enjoy seeing one of those. You could redact your name (or to whom it is made out, if not you).

Good on you for calling his bluff. I take it he just wandered away, never to be heard from again? BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Lawyers get scammed often, too. Settlement funds to deposit in a trust account and forward part of it somewhere else..... fake mortgages.....nobody is immune to these scams. It costs the scammer nothing to keep fishing and once in a while they get a bite.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
        X