Stu Cool is Home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
    So, how come you didn't go to Napa today?
    I got home at 10 am after nineteen days on the road. Forecast was 106. That's 2 reasons :-)
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

[QUOTE=Pat Dilling;670320]

19 days, 4,688 Miles, 209 gallons of gas, 8 passes down the drag strip, a master cylinder, two front tires, a front end alignment, 1038 songs on the IPOD, some stress and anxiety, and a whole lot of fun and satisfaction!

Pat, I looking at traction bar options for my C/K and wondered if the traction bars you installed made a difference in your ride quality and handling on this long trip?

Comment

I am giving my traction bars a definite "Thumbs up". They have pretty much eliminated any wheel hop that I had and have improved traction at the track. On the road the car seems to ride about the same as it did before the traction bars. That said, it was pretty stiff already.

Pat
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
          I am giving my traction bars a definite "Thumbs up". They have pretty much eliminated any wheel hop that I had and have improved traction at the track. On the road the car seems to ride about the same as it did before the traction bars. That said, it was pretty stiff already.

Pat
          Thanks for your response. What you built looks like the easiest solution for these cars.

Also, I will be watching for updates on your Griffin radiator and how it works. I bought a Griffin for my LS motor with the shroud and fans but it will be a while before I can try it out.

Comment

Working...
          X