X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stall
    replied
    Originally posted by 52hawk View Post
    I thought it funny,the owners manual for my 61 Hawk[and it covers Larks too]has 36 pages,including the index. The owners manual for a new bicycle I just bought has 110 pages![probably 50 pages of safety warnings]
    I agree with you. My new car has two owners manuals each about an inch thick. I recently replaced a fuel line on my Chevelle (1970) and must have dislodges some dirt. The result was that the float needle stuck and fuel poured out while the car sputtered. I remembered my Dad showing me how and where to smack it with a wrench and all was well. A day or so later I waited in the car while wifey shopped and leafed through the manual (41 pages). Under trouble shooting it said, "when carburator "overflods" take a wrench or plyers and tap the carburator by the inlet."

It didnt say call your lawyer and sue GM or take it to the good wrench guy. It was a simpler and better time.
    Murray

Leave a comment:

• 52hawk
    started a topic Owners Manual-safety warnings

Owners Manual-safety warnings

I thought it funny,the owners manual for my 61 Hawk[and it covers Larks too]has 36 pages,including the index. The owners manual for a new bicycle I just bought has 110 pages![probably 50 pages of safety warnings]
Working...
X