ID:	1736246Click image for larger version

Name:	38-12.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1736245Click image for larger version

Name:	38-1.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	1736244Here's a few pics of the 38 Coupe project, plus one of the 38 Sedan the I drove onto the trailer for parts for the coupe. Both right hand drive. Sure have got my hands full here. If anyone has contact details for owners of 38s could they please be fowarded to me, as photos of some areas that have rusted away on this one would really help with the rebuild.
    Cheers Aaron

Hey Aaron, thanks for the pictures (we love pictures). I can't help you with your specific request, but feel compelled to comment. Both cars look restorable, so I hope you figure out a way to save them without sacrificing the sedan. Being that you are new to the forum, I don't know if you are familiar with the term "CASO." (A term we have coined to mean "Cheap @ss Studebaker Owner.)

However, noticing the way the Made in USA tag is attached along with the body tag on your car confirms that the term not only applies to us SDC members...looks like it is a legacy of the company. Attaching the tags in tandem, in such a frugal way, saves drilling an extra hole and the cost of one screw per car!
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I'll second what John said. Hopefully you're just using trim bits from the sedan, and swapping out interchangeable parts like fenders, etc. Even with your lesser parts, the next owner would have a great start on a wonderful '38 project!
      Last edited by Peanut; 08-12-2012, 05:09 AM. Reason: typo
      ~Matt Connor
      '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Working...
      X