. Speedster Candy .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . Speedster Candy .

Ran out to get some parts for my truck today and saw this sitting in the parking lot . I dont know diddley about speedsters but it looked pretty nice . Black all around .
    I actually saw this sitting at my mechanics place last week but did`nt have my camera then . . .

To: aarrggh,-------- WELL, YOU DEFINITELY GOT MY ATTENTION!!!! This could be the other all black Speedster I referred to on the "Lets see'55's" thread. YOUR MISSION IS TO GET NUMBERS OFF THIS CAR!....please?

Comment

What makes you think that it is a Speedster, besides the "halo" and the name on the trim? Does it have Speedster leather seats and a Speedster dash? The S/N and body no. would really tell.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I was going by the Speedster name on the side and hoping it was . . The seats were black leather with that weird diamond design pattern .
        I tried to snap a quick interior pic but it came out terrible . . .

Last edited by aarrggh; 09-02-2012, 02:42 PM.

Comment

To: studegary,----I believe 'aarrggh' answered Your two questions with His interior shot. I would not doubt that it's a real Speedster....but I'd like to know if it was originally a two or a three tone job
          which someone painted black later on in it's life. MANY of the Hialeah Green/Sun Valley Yellow Speedsters in particular were repainted other colors, sometimes solid colors, because although on todays restored
          6HK7's those colors look great, when the cars were in daily use the grn/yel combo did not 'age' well and were hard to move off of used car lots (for example). I have a keen interest in this car.

Comment

Ed,does that look like the AT shift pattern or just a blur from further over ? no mention of how many pedals.
            Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
            To: studegary,----I believe 'aarrggh' answered Your two questions with His interior shot. I would not doubt that it's a real Speedster....but I'd like to know if it was originally a two or a three tone job
            which someone painted black later on in it's life. MANY of the Hialeah Green/Sun Valley Yellow Speedsters in particular were repainted other colors, sometimes solid colors, because although on todays restored
            6HK7's those colors look great, when the cars were in daily use the grn/yel combo did not 'age' well and were hard to move off of used car lots (for example). I have a keen interest in this car.
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Where in MN was this picture taken? Looks like a nice car.

Comment

To: 63t-cab,---------It 'kind of' looks to Me like an automatic transmission quadrant shows up behind the steering wheel, but with all the glare I wouldn't bet money on it.

Comment

Just talked to my mechanic who says a young lady in her 40s just inherited the car . It was in for some clutch work .
                  He didnt know much else about it . I mentioned Speedster and he didnt know what that was . .
                  I didnt get her name but im sure i`ll bump into the car again and find out what it really is .
                  Or maybe i`ll ask my mechanic later for her name if he`ll give it out . hmmmm .
                  The car is in the Minneapolis area ..................

Comment

To: aarrggh,--------CLUTCH WORK! There's a fair chance that this car is President Speedster serial# 7162842, Body# 6HK7-1131. If this serial # is correct, the car was for sale at York PA in Feb/Mar 1993.
                    At the time, #7162842 was described to be in #5 condition. Of course, this could be another car entirely. Would like to get serial # 'aarrggh'. Please try and nail that down if You can.

Comment

OK ; Had a brief conversation with the owners of this car , and i`m hoping they will grace these pages with pictures and information on this fine machine . . .

Comment

To: aarrggh,------If I may speak for Speedster owners/enthusiasts everywhere.......THAT'S GREAT!.....THANKS!!!

Comment

Well : I don`t know if this couple will post about this car or not , but i`m sure i`ll see the car again and i`ll egg`em on some more to join up and post .
                          But what i do know should make it easy for yous to figure out what # car this is . .
                          It was a SDC members car who resently passed on . If he shared this car with you`all is a mystery i guess . . .
                          And he did live in Minnesota up north a ways .
                          At this time it`s not for sale and is having the interior restored . . Hopefully to original . !
                          Last edited by aarrggh; 09-01-2012, 11:39 PM.

Comment

To: aarrggh,----- Hello again...thanks for posting this photo.....this car looks to be in good condition. I do not know of a '55 Speedster owner from Minnesota who passed recently (maybe someone else does?) There was an
                            all black Speedster in the Boston area owned by a fellow that passed on a few years ago (Joe King). That car was originally Pimlico/Shasta, and it was an automatic. There was also an all black Speedster owned by a fellow from Bay City,
                            Michagan (Tom Okon) who passed on about a dozen years ago...that car was originally Hialeah/Sun Valley, then for years it was all black, then it was finally restored back to Hialeah/Sun Valley. Hopefully, the couple that owns 'Your' Speedster
                            will become interested in SDC, and offer up the numbers on their car. Thanks, and KEEP TRYING!!

Comment

It hardly looks like a '55 Speedster all in black and without the fog lights and wire wheels covers.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X