Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 2012 Int. Meet Pictures - Now with more pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2012 Int. Meet Pictures - Now with more pics.

430 pictures. More to be posted. Photobucket got 3/4 of the way through and locked up so I'll have to upload the rest later. It also doesn't want to sort them in the right order. Oh well. At least they're up there now.
    John V.
    http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/l...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

I added some more pics today.
    Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 08-12-2012, 06:55 PM.

digg those pics!!!

Thanks for posting these John!!! I Especially liked seeing the Admin Building pics. Twice my Family has been inside that building, and twice we've had 'technical difficulties' with the photographic equipment!!!
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks! I found out that the murals showed up better without a flash. I guess a little camera can't light up such a huge area. Also it might have something to do with the removal of some of the tiles so there was more light. Andy Beckman said those tiles helped preserve the murals from being faded by the sun so I wonder if they'll just leave them up.
      Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 08-10-2012, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
        Thanks! I found out that the murals showed up better without a flash. I guess a little camera can't light up such a huge area. Also it might have something to do with the removal of some of the tiles so there was more light. Andy Beckman said those tiles helped preserve the murals from being faded by the sun so I wonder if they'll just leave them up.
        Yes, that's right. I believe Studebaker originally put those tiles up because it was too bright to work in there most of the time, and it's it's a good thing they did. Those murals were painted in about 1917 and depict the history of transportation from the time of the early romans up to the "modern" Studebaker. I'll tell you, I think that area is by far the neatest part of the building along with Mr. Studebaker's personal office. I really hope something is done with that because it's such a shame to see such beautiful arcitecture in almost abandoned condition. The railing, the light posts, that clock, the offices, to me that is structural art; and it sucks to see the floor all dirty and covered in bird droppings.
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
        X