(Pic) Studebaker Switchboard.....1953

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2r10jim View Post
    I bet sitting on those chairs all day wan't much fun.
    We still use that style headset for the intercom at our facility. They can be really uncomfortable. A big hairdo with lots of hairspray would actually help.
    Jim K.
    63 Hawk

Comment

I think I see the world's first Post-it-Note on Ms. Jennings's console... Also note the phone directories above each operator.

Comment

My aunt (mother's sister) performed this function for Ma Bell most of her professional life. When Bell went to automatic switching she got a switchboard job at Washington Steel.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

"No, I don't know why your doors are sagging. Would you like me to connect you to Mr. Hardig's desk?"
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Here's the picture of the switchboard that was at Sasco.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
              Here's the picture of the switchboard that was at Sasco.
              After spending some time comparing this switchboard to the one that Ms. Jennings is sitting in front of..........they are amazingly similar if not identical.
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I have the Studebaker telephone directorys for 1952, 1959 & 1963. They list a whos who of familiar employee names. The 1952 issue belonged to Wilma Milburn who was a long standing member of the Mary Ann Club.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                MELBOURNE.

Comment

Working...
                X