Turning Wheels article on S. Bend SI facility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning Wheels article on S. Bend SI facility

A last week's meet in South Bend, someone mentioned one of the Studebaker International employees did a Turning Wheels article on the facility. Who knows what issue? Thanks!

Do you mean an article on the facility as currently used by SI, or an older article on the facility as it was being used about 20 years ago? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

As I understood the discussion, it was as is today. I'm interested in both -- know what issue(s)?

Comment

Bill: I don't know anything about a recent article, but my lengthy article on what is known as The Chippewa Plant, with many photos, appears in the February 1990 Turning Wheels. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I think Chris D. has an article upcoming.
          Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
            I think Chris D. has an article upcoming.
            I do? Ok, I guess I do...
            What would you like to know about SI/the Chippewa plant?
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
              I do? Ok, I guess I do...
              What would you like to know about SI/the Chippewa plant?
              Sorry Chris, I didn't mean to speak out of turn but I thought I heard someone say you were wrighting an article. Maybe they said you SHOULD wright one. I do enjoy your articles.
              Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                Sorry Chris, I didn't mean to speak out of turn but I thought I heard someone say you were wrighting an article. Maybe they said you SHOULD wright one. I do enjoy your articles.
                Oh it's no big deal, I write about anything Studebaker. I have no problem writing one about the Chippewa plant/SI if there is a call for it, so I will.
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

My point in asking was that I think it makes an interesting story of one man's vision, courage and challenge to keep Studebaker's on the road. Might help those that aren't familiar with facility to understand the comment, "...more parts becoming available all the time", or what ever I seen, read, or heard. Having said that, I have a hard time understanding the need for a 50-year old radiator or heater hose. Might be "nice" to have a few available for "authenticity".

Comment

Working...
                  X