No announcement yet.

To the IM Thief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ever happened to the 1930's something window wings that were stolen right off someone's car during a international meet. I believe they had someone on camera stealing them from a hotel parking lot.

Allen
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

At the '03 meet in Sacto, I was carrying in armloads of stuff to sell off Rebelstude's tables. My truck was just outside the building where we were vending. Last trip out to get stuff, the nice set of truck hubcaps I'd brought had disappeared from the bed. POOF! Whoever it was had to have been watching me make repeated trips and snatched them as I went in with a bunch of stuff. I hope they all popped off his wheels since then!
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
        I remember stuff went missing from the first SASCO move, too............................
        Yep. A lot of that theft was by my brother in laws brother who I unfortunately recruited to help. We got most of the stuff back to Dennis but certainly not everything. Dennis gave the guy a break by not prosecutiing, a break he did not deserve. (There were rumors that he was selling some stuff at a later swap meet). I gave up a week vacation to help Dennis and the guys but the memory will always have that cloud. He has since disappeared and nobody in the family cares.
        34 Dictator
        47 M5 Pickup
        48 Commander Convertible
        50 2R10 Pickup
        56 Packard Patrician
        63 Avanti

Herb Phillips: A lesser known product of the Studebaker Corporation.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkystude View Post
          Yep. A lot of that theft was by my brother in laws brother who I unfortunately recruited to help. We got most of the stuff back to Dennis but certainly not everything. Dennis gave the guy a break by not prosecutiing, a break he did not deserve. (There were rumors that he was selling some stuff at a later swap meet). I gave up a week vacation to help Dennis and the guys but the memory will always have that cloud. He has since disappeared and nobody in the family cares.
          Wow...the things you find out on the forum. This is the first I have heard of this. After seeing the condition of the building and how unorganized and shelf worn some of the parts were, I kind of felt that some of Dennis' troubles was of his own doings. However, talk about kicking a guy when he was down...I'm glad much of the stuff was recovered. Often you'll find that a thief like this has had enablers along the way. Not prosecuting them sometimes just makes them bolder.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

"When I was a law enforcement officer, some of the biggest crooks I ever dealt with wore 3-piece suits".

Yep, just look at ALL of them in washington d.c.! Social Security is the BIGGEST Ponzi scheme going!

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
              "When I was a law enforcement officer, some of the biggest crooks I ever dealt with wore 3-piece suits".

Yep, just look at ALL of them in washington d.c.! Social Security is the BIGGEST Ponzi scheme going!

Jim
              Jim- I guess I'd draw a distinction between the thugs and shysters in nice suits you guys "out there" send to DC, and those of us who live and work here as waiters, car mechanics, house painters, chefs, plumbers, and cops.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                Jim- I guess I'd draw a distinction between the thugs and shysters in nice suits you guys "out there" send to DC, and those of us who live and work here as waiters, car mechanics, house painters, chefs, plumbers, and cops.
                Right, Skip; let's hear it for the DC CHEFS! <GGG> BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Not a coincidence that that was in that list . . . . .
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                  X