Rear Fin Louver for '57 Golden Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Fin Louver for '57 Golden Hawk

I have lost one (of four) silver rear fin louvers on right rear of Hawk. Its seems that everyone that I have checked with sell a set of 10 for $150.00. I am not looking for 10, but understand that I may have to purchase a pair. Anyone know of a vendor that might carry the louvers less than by the dozen.

thanks
    Last edited by cdevan; 08-03-2012, 10:47 AM.
    Curt Devan
    Kirksville, MO

Editor, Mid Missouri Chapter Newsletter "Studie News"
    sigpic

Can't help with that,but please be advised that in all things automotive,we use left or right as you sit in the car,looking out the windshield-drivers side is left,passenger side is right. This will simplify the ordering of parts, for example,if you wanted a drivers front fender,you would ask for a "left front fender" ! A little more confusing,but as you stand and look at the front of your car,the drivers fender on your right,it is still the "left front fender" !
    Good luck with your parts search. Too bad you're not in South Bend,I just know somebody has the louvre you need just lying on a table at the swapmeet.
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Thanks for helping me get it right. . .yes I know there are vendors in South Bend that could have what I am looking for but I could not make it this year.

thanks agin
      Curt
      Curt Devan
      Kirksville, MO

sigpic

Comment

Buy a set af 10 use what you want then sell them off one each and make enough to get yours for free.

Comment

Hello Curt

I also own a 1957 Golden Hawk. My rear fin louvers had much pitting, so I bought a NOS set on Ebay and sold the old fin louvers.

You can also get only a pair (one left and one right fin louver) directly from Studebaker International according to their online shop for $36.
          You do not have to buy the set of ten, which they also have for $150.

Check out this link http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....Z5Z5Z50001003a

I am sure they will be show quality instead of buying an original pitted fin louver.

Have a nice day.
          Rudy
          sigpic

Comment

I thought that 63 Cruiser sail panel are the same. (maybe) Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Hi Brad

You are absolutely right, 1963 Lark Cruisers did also use the same chrome rear fin louvers. Despite the fact that they have another Studebaker no. on the back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...vip=true&rt=nc
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I did get the pair for $36 from SDC. Curt
                Curt Devan
                Kirksville, MO

sigpic

Comment

You're welcome.
                  sigpic

Comment