Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug M
    replied
    I guess all of the 66"s that are left are in Southbend not much responceon this subject!

Leave a comment:

• Doug M
    replied
    I checked my 66 Commander 194/6cl A/T 4dr and A/C#C133436 it is 50cars before the lastCompany Consigned Car #C133486 plum Cruiser made Jan. 14 1966. So my car must have been made about the first of the year. Doug M on the Beutiful Alabama Gulf Coast

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    I checked my serial number and I don't have one of them, but I learned that my car was almost certainly made Dec. 1, 1965 and was 4 cars (or 3 depending on how you count) away from one of the police Commanders.

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    I just got mine today & your article was the first one I went to. After seeing the list of cars that were leased to company employees, I rushed out back to check the vin on my Cruiser. No dice. As Maxwell Smart used to say "missed it by that much!". My vin is 6 units past C533381. Darn. At least I confirmed what I had suspected on when it was built, another handy tidbit. Thanks Stu. Great article especially with the incite you have.

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    Thank you Art Unger for the excellent layout and presentation of my article. I neglected to thank you in my original thread.
    Stu Chapman

Leave a comment:

• FlatheadGeo
    replied
    Stu,

Read the article and I must compliment you on a job well done. I learned a great deal!

Thanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    started a topic The 1966 Studebaker Company Cars

The 1966 Studebaker Company Cars

In the recently published August 2012 Turning Wheels, you will find an article I wrote regarding the 1966 Studebaker Company Cars, along with some interesting tidbits on the 1964 and 1966 Rally Cars.

We would love to know if any of these vehicles have survived so please check your serial numbers against the published lists. One of these cars has been located and has been fully restored by Ray Martin. It will be shown at South Bend at the International Meet.

In order to follow up on this project, please let me know through the Forum or by email at schapman5@cogeco.ca if you have one of these cars.

Stu Chapman
Working...
X