The 1966 Studebaker Company Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
    I just got mine today & your article was the first one I went to. After seeing the list of cars that were leased to company employees, I rushed out back to check the vin on my Cruiser. No dice. As Maxwell Smart used to say "missed it by that much!". My vin is 6 units past C533381. Darn. At least I confirmed what I had suspected on when it was built, another handy tidbit. Thanks Stu. Great article especially with the incite you have.
    Glad you enjoyed it Warren.
    Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Doug M View Post
      I guess all of the 66"s that are left are in Southbend not much responceon this subject!
      I suspect that the Canadian cars remained in Canada and since the Canadians are just now receiving their Turning Wheels in the mail we may find a few.
      Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by 2moredoors View Post
        Stu, sorry my 1966 does not check out as a company car but thanks to you and Andy Beckman I now know who the original owner was and of course what dealer delivered my car. I want to go on record to thank you both publicly for assisting me in my endeavour for tracing the history of my 1966 Studebaker.
        Glad to be of assistance Cliff.
        Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
          Great piece. The kind of stories I like to see.
          love the detailed trivia/footnote/anorak pieces ...especially with a "where are they now?" element.
          From my point of view, it's enjoyable digging into Studebaker background for stuff like this, particularly since I was there.
          Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
            Stu,
            Thanks for your terrific article about the '66s and the leased company cars. I really enjoyed your discussion at the Tuesday seminar at the Museum. As soon as I received my TW, your's was the first article that I read.
            It was good to see you at the Int'l Meet.
            Rog
            Thanks for the compliment. I enjoyed doing the seminars at the Museum.
            Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
              Stu,

Thanks for that article! Very interesting reading indeed!! The Canadian Shell 4000 Rally car build sheet is most interesting.

Do you know which car went to Marcks, Hazelquist & Powers for the 1967 styling study?

Craig
              Sorry Craig but I do not recollect.
              Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                Stu.....Very interesting article......I am in the process of purchasing a 66 sport sedan, the original color seems to be sort of a maroon with black vinyl top (Vin Number C533519) I think it might/should, maybe, be considered a company car????.....What do you think.......The car was delivered to Gravely in Dunbar W. Virginia according to the build sheet. Its an early 66, and according to your article the car was produced the 20th of Dec 65.....I arrived at that conclusion thru your article in TW's.....There was a company car, a White Cruiser that was produced just after this car was, with Vin Number that started with C533520......This car I am speaking of is a Daytona Sport Sedan that is loaded out with everything that could be had with the car......power disk brakes, A/C, power steering, automatic, etc, etc......This car spent a lot of its years in Arizona and California.....How it got there from W. Virginia we don't know.........Keep on Studebakering
                We did build a number of cars that were delivered to management in Studebaker subsidiaries and I noticed these build tickets at the Archives when I was researching this article. Why don't you contact Andy Beckman at the Museum and order a build sheet which you could frame or mount on a display board.
                Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
                X