Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimC
    replied
    Keep in mind that our freedom of speech doesn't apply to private property. In the same way that I'm well within my rights to kick you out of my home if you start making comments I don't approve of, the admin here can boot any thread for any reason at his discretion.

Also, rules about no volatile subjects are added to forums because it keeps people from acting like little children. If we could be grown ups, these rules wouldn't exist. So it's sort of violating the spirit of forum policy to act a little immature when someone crosses the line.

Leave a comment:

• Andy R.
    replied
    Ah, there's nothing un-PC about your video. Violation of Forum policy, maybe, but I'm pretty sure we were more impressed with the success of your truck project and the informative slide show documenting your efforts. We're Studemobakerepublicraticans first.

Be careful in crosswinds, though, those signs often flip-flop and blow off to the Caymans!

Leave a comment:

• K-Hawk
    replied
    [QUOTE=Bob Andrews;666235]Tough if you don't like it. Just don't read it. You don't have to agree, just ignore it. And, it's too bad if most want to try to do what's right for America.

You posted just to plug YOUR agenda. Your last sentence sounds like a little kid tattling to the teacher no more like an adult setting standards for all of us to follow

I doubt you'll have to freak out for long. Forum policy has come to falling apart over any political statements, even when they're right, lest the wrong get their feelings hurt. I'm sure soon every little thing will be breathlessly erased, including both our comments. I just hope that mmagic's neat video doesn't get deleted or sensored as well.

Come on, man, humor those of us in the vast majority that believe in free speech. I believe in free speech that why I can say mitt is a thief no threatening to go to the teacher just want to know the rules

GENERAL FORUM PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT
    Following are the general forum participation policies, including, but not limited to, those all registered forum members had already agreed to when they first registered for the SDC forums.

In order to use these forums, users are required to provide:

1. User name and password (Do not use inappropriate user names!)
    2. Valid e-mail address
    3. Real first and last name (NOTE: members from the old forum need to update their profiles to include this if not done already)

Neither the Administrators of these forums, or the Moderators participating, are responsible for the privacy practices of any user. Remember that all information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to share any of your personal information.

Personal issues with vendors or other members are not to be discussed on this Forum. Doing so may result in the discussion being locked or deleted at the administrator's or moderator's discretion.

By registering and participating in these forums you are expected to be courteous and respectful to all others even when there are differences of opinions.

Political, religious, racial and volatile subjects are not permitted in any of these forums.

The administrator and moderators may edit, delete or move any threads deemed inappropriate.

Repeated violations of forum rules can lead to temporary suspension or permanent banning.

If it is add a disclaimer and open season on all the political hacks are fair game count me in. I just want to know what the rules are, Some folks appear that following expectations is not there forte.
    I think all those folks that are working because chevy and dodge survived and saved those jobs. That is a good thing..

Leave a comment:

• Classic Car Guy
    replied
    That was a great Video and I even liked the Truck. God Bless America. Thank's for the Video.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• mmagic
    replied
    Carey....
    My bad... all I did today was this little vid, get the turn signals to work, install the tach, find the missing passenger door lock, watch Missy fly like a fish and fix supper! I could just as well have joined you too. Please send me a schedule so I can get it on Judy's calendar.

Leave a comment:

• spokejr
    replied
    That was a lot of fun, very clever video to back up the time and effort put into building it. It really should be viewed by more people who have great dreams of tackling something like this, to help them decide if they are made of what is needed to create vs. just an organizer.

I've watched this thing 3 times, will watch a couple more but I'll need to stop the video several times to take in all that has been done as the sequence is too fast to get all the details, you know, like take a breath once in a while. Like most of us need to do every once in a while...

Cheers, Ken

Leave a comment:

• Dads Baby
    replied
    What a great video! We missed you today in Golden. Are you going to join us for the Zone Meet?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Andrews
    replied
    Originally posted by K-Hawk View Post
    I do not want to become involved in a political discussion here as it is not the place. It just appeared to me to be a clear insult at the President of the United States and a plug for another party. Not the place for it even it has the little disclaimer. We can solicit the help of the forum administrator if needed.
    Tough if you don't like it. Just don't read it. You don't have to agree, just ignore it. And, it's too bad if most want to try to do what's right for America.

You posted just to plug YOUR agenda. Your last sentence sounds like a little kid tattling to the teacher.

I doubt you'll have to freak out for long. Forum policy has come to falling apart over any political statements, even when they're right, lest the wrong get their feelings hurt. I'm sure soon every little thing will be breathlessly erased, including both our comments. I just hope that mmagic's neat video doesn't get deleted or sensored as well.

Come on, man, humor those of us in the vast majority that believe in free speech. And try not to 'threaten' us with running to the teechur! LOL

Leave a comment:

• 63larkr1
    replied
    I love everything about it, but I missed the insult part somehow, I’ll watch it again.
    Congratulations on a job well done enjoy the ride.
    Richard

Leave a comment:

• mmagic
    replied
    Parts....
    You are so correct.... The tidbits I gleaned from this Board pulled me out of many holes on this project. I've fixed and flipped a lot of minor damage vehicles, hiring paint, glass and other bits but the Champ is my first really major do. Soon I'll pull out the Speedster, a real challenge, and apply everything I should have learned from the Champ. Again, this board will cover those things that the shop manual assumes or misses.

Thanks again to all. This project has been a collective effort that many of you have actually participated in!

Leave a comment:

• parts2
    replied
    All of the cars I built..I did "myself" in my garage.. However I am very glad to say..without the friends that I have learned from..the forums like this that were invaluable with the knowledge of so many..the suppliers and salvage yards..and my family's understanding..it would not have been..
    But I am not so talented I guess..and rely on others..sometimes for parts..for wisdom..or friendship..

"Building of Non-PC Champ. If you insist on being politically correct, DON'T watch !:

So only for the Politically Incorrect ?

LOL
    Last edited by parts2; 07-29-2012, 07:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Originally posted by K-Hawk View Post
    I do not want to become involved in a political discussion here as it is not the place. It just appeared to me to be a clear insult at the President of the United States and a plug for another party. Not the place for it even it has the little disclaimer. We can solicit the help of the forum administrator if needed.
    Apparently reading instructions is not your forte!!

Posted by mmagic
    Building of Non-PC Champ. If you insist on being politically correct, DON'T watch !

Leave a comment:

• K-Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by mmagic View Post
    Yep, it was a High School DECA project... Bain Capital came 16 years later in 1984 after he had visited Kenya, Hawaii, Pakistan and Columbia.

Leave a comment:

• mmagic
    replied
    Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
    .... first pics of the new paint quite awhile ago.

)
    Actually I rushed to get paint on it last November as the first snow was coming over the mountains.... Too cold.... too little pressure... too little experience.... Looked good from 100 feet but the clear was about like 10 grit sand paper. So 2 weeks ago, I got up Monday Morning and put 220 grit on the orbital and knocked it down in a couple of hours. I filled some nasty's with Evercoat, washed it, dried it, masked it and by supper had several fresh coats of base and clear laid down. Once I figured it out, I really like that base clear application.

Leave a comment:

• aarrggh
    replied
    I like the dorky background music .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X