Final Stance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Stance

OK, I'm done playing with it. After four versions, I'm happy with the final results.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ThissleDude2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1736184 This was what I started with. Original suspension with wider wheels out a few inches with spacers. I really liked this look but lost it when I converted the truck to modern suspension.

Name:	done 018.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1736185 Here it is with the hot rod stance. I really liked the look but the tires rubbed and I didn't want that.

Name:	May2012 003.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1736186 So we replaced the front springs with the heaviest duty truck springs they had. I wasn't sure if the back was a little low or not, but I thought it was.

Name:	Kelseyville 018.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	1736187 We brought the back up another inch and it looks right now. I'm done with it. It still has a similar stance to the original look but it's a couple of inches lower. I think it looks right finally and it still handles great. We took it for a six hour drive today to Kelseyville and it performed flawlessly. I'm ready to drive this bad boy to Colorado next year......
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

They all look good to me. If you're happy it's a win all around.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Pic #2 looks perfect to me.
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Good morning Jon. Jon my granddaughter took a picture of your truck sometime a go will see if I can find it.
        I like picture number four looks just write to me.

nibbs 53 (Patrick)

Comment

Originally posted by nibbs53 View Post
          Good morning Jon. Jon my granddaughter took a picture of your truck sometime a go will see if I can find it.
          I like picture number four looks just write to me.

nibbs 53 (Patrick)
          Hope you can find it and post it. I love looking at something familiar through different eyes.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
            Hope you can find it and post it. I love looking at something familiar through different eyes.
            Jon. Okay Jon I will see what I can do, i put lot of pictures on my external hard drive. I have to go through them,and unorganized them anyway.

nibbs53 Patrick.

Comment

#2 #2 #2 #2..........
              Not that my vote matters one hill of beans. My opinion and 4 bucks will get you a cup of coffe.

None are BAD at all. 1,3 and 4 are great, but 2 rocks. Drop the tire size slightly and go with 2. If don't rub a little bit it ain't a legit hot rod.
              All of that said, both your car and your truck are 2 of my favs anywhere. Just keep on driving them and letting us see them, that is all that matters with vehicles.
              Last edited by kmac530; 07-29-2012, 10:03 AM. Reason: spell

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
                #2 #2 #2 #2..........
                Not that my vote matters one hill of beans. My opinion and 4 bucks will get you a cup of coffe.
                I wasn't posting this to ask which I should keep. #4 is it and that's final. I must admit, I really liked #2 also. I considered finding a way to get around the rubbing issue but I have this truck because I wanted a truck and not a hot rod. It's more functional as a truck now and that is really what I wanted.

I do miss #2 and if I had Leno's money, I would build another in Hot Rod configuration. It was cool. Thanks
                Jon Stalnaker
                Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I know Jon. I was just kidding. Your final stance is a fine choice and it is YOUR choice. My opinion is irrelevant. But I did like it slammed.

PS, I thought you DID have Leno money on that retirement package from the PO....lol

Comment

And this is something even modern pick-up truck drivers deal with - my 09 F150 has half a dozen companies that sell kits to even the stance...

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
                      PS, I thought you DID have Leno money on that retirement package from the PO....lol
                      Two ex-wives....Nuff said
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                      X