No announcement yet.

On the way to South Bend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, made it through another day this time without incident, or AC! We are at Offutt AFB in Bellevue, NE. One of the privileges of retired USAF is getting to use guest quarters on a space-available basis, for a small fee. Left Laramie at 5:30 this morning just getting light, made the first climb towards Cheyenne, up to 8655 feet elevation(!) without a problem kept the speed to 55 or so till we crested the top. Got a couple neat pictures of the sun rising, will add them later if they are as nice as I hope. From there it was hammer down, at least at the 75 mph speed limit, all the way across Nebraska. Just no AC. Hottest I saw was right at 210 just as we were arriving. So it appears I can have one of 3 things: speed, hills or AC! Was very nice to get into our air conditioned room. Tomorrow is a short trip to Audubon Iowa to Kate's sisters house and then Monday on to South Bend for me. More updates to come, or see ya'll on Monday afternoon.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

The Cruiser too is pretty much ready. Water wetter in the radiator and hope our climb up to Fancy Gap on U.S. 52 isn't through the heat we've seen here today. Up tomorrow at 5:30 throw my bags in the back, get ice for the cooler and then on to a 7:00 breakfast with the rest of our caravan.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
      X