R-5 will attend the International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-5 will attend the International

Greg Cone will have his completed R-5 engine on display at the International. I believe it will be in the Singer Building at the Fairgrounds. It has taken him many years to put this together and it's really something to behold.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

He will be driving in with it o Tuesday and we will unload it Wednesday morning.

Denny L

Comment

Originally posted by Green53 View Post
      He will be driving in with it o Tuesday and we will unload it Wednesday morning.

Denny L
      Thanks. Greg mentioned your assistance and I'm very happy that you were able to set it up.
      Attached Files
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I understand that Avanti no. 5643, last Studebaker Avanti and actually last Studebaker automobile made in South Bend (not counting CKD units), will be on display in the Singer building as well. It's an R3. Awesome car. Built 12/26/63--six days after the red Daytona in the SNM.
        Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        (formerly Greenville, PA)
        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
        All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
          I understand that Avanti no. 5643, last Studebaker Avanti and actually last Studebaker automobile made in South Bend (not counting CKD units), will be on display in the Singer building as well. It's an R3. Awesome car. Built 12/26/63--six days after the red Daytona in the SNM.
          I visited/inspected that Avanti many times when Joe E. owned it. It only had 6K miles then. I imagine it has about the same mileage now since it has primarily been in a museum since his ownership.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The pistons will be there in B109 !.After taking B109 out last winter to re-seal we found out the pistons would match history and the heads were also worked over. When George installed the engine in 69? he had an idle problem due to a radical cam. After a few Conversations it may be possible George bought the R-5 long block. Ed

k

Comment

Working...
            X