53 C quarter window replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 C quarter window replacement

looking at doing the above to my car. Looked in the manual, and they are talking about "dum dum", what is that and where would i get some, anyone know?

Thanks

Ask your auto parts store for 3M strip calk # 8578.

http://3mcollision.com/3m-strip-calk-08578-black.html

Also used it for the windshield and backlight install, as well as back fenders, cowl trim and just about anywhere you might want to inhibit moisture from infiltrating.
    Last edited by rockne10; 07-24-2012, 07:30 PM.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

From the deep recesses of my memory it is the putty-like material also used to set glass panes into (house) windows. Seemed to act as both a sealant and an adhesive of sorts.

A good hardware store would have it or a modern alternative.

Rockne10 hit the button milliseconds before I did.
      Jim K.
      63 Hawk

Comment

If its what I think it is its a soft pliable putty like substance thats used extensively in recreational vehicles around the windows and to plug any holes that the siding doesn't cover. Its basically non-hardening and can be bought at any recreational vehicle dealership.

Comment

We have it at SI, it's right in the showroom. Can get it while at the International. The part number and price escapes me right now, but I know we have it.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Thanks guys, I've seen the 3m stuff, i'll pick some up.

Comment

Working...
            X