No announcement yet.

53 C quarter window replacement

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 53 C quarter window replacement

    looking at doing the above to my car. Looked in the manual, and they are talking about "dum dum", what is that and where would i get some, anyone know?


  • #2
    Ask your auto parts store for 3M strip calk # 8578.

    Also used it for the windshield and backlight install, as well as back fenders, cowl trim and just about anywhere you might want to inhibit moisture from infiltrating.
    Last edited by rockne10; 07-24-2012, 06:30 PM.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

    Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk


    • #3
      From the deep recesses of my memory it is the putty-like material also used to set glass panes into (house) windows. Seemed to act as both a sealant and an adhesive of sorts.

      A good hardware store would have it or a modern alternative.

      Rockne10 hit the button milliseconds before I did.
      Jim K.
      63 Hawk


      • #4
        If its what I think it is its a soft pliable putty like substance thats used extensively in recreational vehicles around the windows and to plug any holes that the siding doesn't cover. Its basically non-hardening and can be bought at any recreational vehicle dealership.


        • #5
          We have it at SI, it's right in the showroom. Can get it while at the International. The part number and price escapes me right now, but I know we have it.
          Chris Dresbach


          • #6
            Thanks guys, I've seen the 3m stuff, i'll pick some up.