Australian member introduction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krogash View Post
    Damn; just lost another reply. Could be timing out. My wi-fi link goes at the same time.

Jim Q, Body number is C514082. I also have another 65 C514128 which was the personal vehicle of Alan Trevaskis of Trevaskis Motors; the Shepparton dealer.

Ken
    Ken,
    Both those C numbers suggest a 1965 built date here in Melbourne. If you believe the engines may be original to the two Studes then I can furnish a little further information subject to you posting them here. Trevaskis Motors was one of our most successful Country Dealers.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Jim.
      The engine & trans in c514082 is looong gone.
      C514128 has an engine number of 80 5447504. Most likely the original.

While you are at it you might like to check 62V-42808. Cloverleaf P92870. Has a manual floorshift gearbox with column shift still fitted. Faded powderblue colour over a yucky green. Y? tag missing but should be a Y3.

Ken

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, Ken. I would suggest Studebaker International for any parts you may need, we welcome overseas customers.
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Chris,

Shock; horror; you are talking about that "F" word. Freight that is.

From past experiences if it will not fit in a USPS flat rate box; the freight cost skyrockets and easily double the purchase cost. I stand to be corrected though. Somebody may be able to come up with a cost effective idea.
          Rust repair panels is one. From Classics web page they require us to give them a credit number then when the items are freighted they charge the card. They apparently will not pre-quote for freight. Could be a scary CC bill that turns up.

Ken

Comment

Ken, I suggest that if you need something big contact folks like Brian Greenall and Chris Skinner, they're always (Brian in particular I think) sending containers here from the US and could likely (for a reasonable amount) fit your bits into their box. I was going to get a pair of bucket seats once (Brian ended up with them) and he offered to ship them for me as long as I could get them to Indiana where his warehouse is. I'm sure he'd do the same for others if he could. We Studebaker folks need to stay together.
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

John,

Thanks for that. Brian did mention to me some time ago that he used to occassionally have some outsider parts put in containers with his cars.

Actually I feel uncomfortable imposing on people. Sort of offsets the users in this world. I don't need anything large (that I know of yet other than money) for this project. I will eventually need a good 62 Lark bonnet/hood; (pick the head covering that suits). Chris has a good used one on his list and I will contact him when he gets back. I only found out about his trip via this thread as I am right out of the loop here. Most likely will need sills/rockers as well.

Ken

Comment

John,

Thanks for that. Brian did mention to me some time ago that he used to occassionally have some outsider parts put in containers with his cars.

Actually I feel uncomfortable imposing on people. Sort of offsets the users in this world. I don't need anything large (that I know of yet other than money) for this project. I will eventually need a good 62 Lark bonnet/hood; (pick the head covering that suits). Chris has a good used one on his list and I will contact him when he gets back. I only found out about his trip via this thread as I am right out of the loop here. Most likely will need sills/rockers as well.

Ken
                Ken, without sounding like I am cutting Chris's grass I am bringing in parts from Classic, Si or whatever all the time for my own projects and my buddies cars who I work on. So if you need anything let me know.
                Rgs Brian
                Brian Greenall
                Melbourne, OZ
                sigpic

Comment

Ken.
                  I had luck at this point with the '62. It was sold new to the Victorian Police on the 18th Dec 1962 & traded back via the VP to Canada Cycle & Motor Co on the 10th Oct 1963. The original registration number was HSA 620.
                  Jim Q.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                  MELBOURNE.

Comment

Hi Ken,

I do have some limited email access here. Send me a PM if there is something you need urgently. I am putting together a container of parts now. Also, I should have at least one, possibly 2 N.O.S. sills for your car.

I will be back in Brisbane on the 27th.

Thanks,

Chris.

John,

Ken

Comment

Chris,

I need both sills for the 62 Lark. The 65 has replacements screwed on (would you believe).
                      I will have a message left (hopefully) at work for you when you get back re the used 62 Lark bonnet/hood you have.
                      I will need 65 engine mounts and will strip the front end down in the meantime to see what is needed. From the condition of the seals I can see, $$$$$.
                      Ken

Comment

I love your intro...

"Hello, my name is Ken and I have become a "Studeholic"."

If you're looking for a 12 step programme to cure you of this ill, you have come to the wrong place!

Then again, 12 step programmes are for quitters.

Don't be a quitter, that car is counting on you...

Cheers,

Ken (also)

Comment

The other Ken,

The Cruiser is sure counting on me now. I have run out of fingers and toes keeping count of the parts taken off it.

The things you miss in a dark garage is astronomical. eg, slight line differences in door skins (pregnant from welded ON (as opposed to welded IN) rust repairs and a rear guard with a slight flair. That with paint blemishes only picked up later in bright sun.
                          Then there is slight raised marks under the new paint. Scrape some back to find slight surface rust marks. Obviously primed after a shower of rain or similiar. Then there is a rust patch just primed over and another rust patch on the cowl bogged (bondoed to you) over.
                          This is my first Stude resto and it is about 30 years since my last. Thank goodness for a parts car. It isn't even supplying all the missing parts needed for completion.
                          My; how the body (mine) objects. It didn't do that last time.
                          I decided to strip it back to bare metal where possible and do the repairs properly ( or to the best of my ability).
                          Some people take this CASO crap to ridiculous levels

Ken

Comment

Working...
                          X