No announcement yet.

tail lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not that I won't pony up the money, I sold my car! Don't blame me!

Now if someone would repop the 55-56 C-K taillight housings... those are what I need now.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel
    --
    55 Commander Starlight

Comment

It's not that I won't pony up the money, I sold my car! Don't blame me!

Now if someone would repop the 55-56 C-K taillight housings... those are what I need now.

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      --
      55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Yep, the cost involved in re popping something is UNREAL! and for a limited market it's worse. Seems like when I was putting my 62 ragtop together, good tail light lenses were non exsistant. Now that Chuck has them, (and after I found 2 NOS ones) sure looks like a lot of NOS tail lights are coming out of the woodwork. Just my observation.
        Chuck tail lights are VERY nice and fairly price too! If you don't think so, go buy a tail light for a new car!

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

Yep, the cost involved in re popping something is UNREAL! and for a limited market it's worse. Seems like when I was putting my 62 ragtop together, good tail light lenses were non exsistant. Now that Chuck has them, (and after I found 2 NOS ones) sure looks like a lot of NOS tail lights are coming out of the woodwork. Just my observation.
          Chuck tail lights are VERY nice and fairly price too! If you don't think so, go buy a tail light for a new car!

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Based on the 1962-1963 Lark tail lenses project, I suggest.
            I can have the 1961 tail lenses made just as nice with the rivet/grommet
            in them.
            I will need 200 pairs pre ordered at $120.00 per pair to proceed. This is a break even point. 1500 units are required for production.
            I do not think this requirement will be met.
            chuck@studebakerparts.com
            Let me know,
            Chuck

Comment

Based on the 1962-1963 Lark tail lenses project, I suggest.
              I can have the 1961 tail lenses made just as nice with the rivet/grommet
              in them.
              I will need 200 pairs pre ordered at $120.00 per pair to proceed. This is a break even point. 1500 units are required for production.
              I do not think this requirement will be met.
              chuck@studebakerparts.com
              Let me know,
              Chuck

Comment

drnittler-- A thread about using 59-60 Lenses on a 61 was started by 'studegib' a while back. Go to the upper right hand corner of this forum and click 'search'-type in: '61 lark taillight lens'.. You can use the older units,but they aren't 'correct' for your '61.
                I bought 1960 lenses NOS from SASCO-cheap!last winter.

LaSalle,Il
                61Hawk
                Oglesby,Il.

Comment

drnittler-- A thread about using 59-60 Lenses on a 61 was started by 'studegib' a while back. Go to the upper right hand corner of this forum and click 'search'-type in: '61 lark taillight lens'.. You can use the older units,but they aren't 'correct' for your '61.
                  I bought 1960 lenses NOS from SASCO-cheap!last winter.

LaSalle,Il
                  61Hawk
                  Oglesby,Il.

Comment

1961 Lark tail light lenses have been reproduced. This was a number of years ago and they have been sold out. The reproductions looked good, but did not have the metal grommet in them. As long as you didn't tighten the screw, they were fine.

My reason for mentioning this is that the tooling to make these reproduction lenses probably exists. If someone could locate this post-Studebaker tooling, I think that the price of the new reproductions would be less.

Even though I like 1961 Larks, I agree that the demand for replacement lenses would be VERY low (at any reasonable price). I think that the previous run of reproduction lenses were sold out to people that were still using 1961 Larks as their everyday driver. There are VERY few 1961 Larks that fall into the everyday driver category now.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

1961 Lark tail light lenses have been reproduced. This was a number of years ago and they have been sold out. The reproductions looked good, but did not have the metal grommet in them. As long as you didn't tighten the screw, they were fine.

My reason for mentioning this is that the tooling to make these reproduction lenses probably exists. If someone could locate this post-Studebaker tooling, I think that the price of the new reproductions would be less.

Even though I like 1961 Larks, I agree that the demand for replacement lenses would be VERY low (at any reasonable price). I think that the previous run of reproduction lenses were sold out to people that were still using 1961 Larks as their everyday driver. There are VERY few 1961 Larks that fall into the everyday driver category now.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                      X