Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not One But Two '57 Country Sedans On Ebay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not One But Two '57 Country Sedans On Ebay!

Looks like some great deals!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...84.m1555.l2649

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...84.m1555.l2649

I hear the seller is a great guy, good looking too. That's what his mom says, anyhow....

The cheaper one looks almost rust-free. Are the floors as good as they look? What about the rockers, front fenders and rear fenders - bubbly or clean?
    Scott Rodgers
    Los Angeles
    SDC Member since 1989
    \'60 Lark HT
    \'63 Wagonaire
    \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

The cheaper one (missing the supercharger) is pretty much totally rust free. It does have some hits on the passenger side doors, nothing that can't be taken out. I think the man I got them from intended to use the purple one to donate parts to the gold one. However, the purple one is a factory 3 speed overdrive car and complete and running. I was going to build them both but there's way too much work at my shop right now.

Scott, if you're in Los Angeles and interested both cars are at my shop located in Azusa.

Comment

I am in Los Angeles - I might have to come and take a look. Under no circumstances can anyone tell my wife! PM me your address and I'll see if I can come take a look this weekend.
        Scott Rodgers
        Los Angeles
        SDC Member since 1989
        \'60 Lark HT
        \'63 Wagonaire
        \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

It's kind of like if Your interested in buying one, You really need to also buy the other! (Always tough to break up a set!)

Comment

Those taillights are something else , aint they ? -- as in neato --

Comment

You can always get another wife Scott (LOL) the cars are not so common.
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I know were a 58 wagon is sitting & its sinking into the mudd no better than either of these two,rarer and maybe restorable asking $3500. I could see myself having

30k into it,runs & drives.It's in Southern Ontario,estate car.If at all interested PM me & I will give contact inf0 a few photos. I don't have desire to do anymore but

hate to see it eventually scrapped,been sitting for 3-4 years offer nhim a lot less & C what shakes out.

Comment

58 wagon

is this the wagon that came to canada from pa. a few years ago?

Comment

What a rarity that '57 Packard wagon with the supercharged Golden Hawk engine, P/S, and T-85 standard with O/D trans really is! (and the shifter is still on the column!)

Comment

I went to look at the cheaper of the two cars at Mike's (Schraders) shop. There are still no bids on it as of this posting ( which could change at any time). The car is almost complete - it's missing the supercharger, the air cleaner and (possibly) the trim on the driver's door (the driver's door door panel and the roof rack pieces are in the car). The car needs to be restored but it's absolutely solid. The floors are clean - some of the cleanest I've seen. There's a few bubbles on the front and rear fenders and there's some bends on the rockers and the passenger doors, but everything else is straight and clean. If I had the room, I'd stash the car for a future restoration:
                      Attached Files
                      Scott Rodgers
                      Los Angeles
                      SDC Member since 1989
                      \'60 Lark HT
                      \'63 Wagonaire
                      \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

One more picture:
                        Attached Files
                        Scott Rodgers
                        Los Angeles
                        SDC Member since 1989
                        \'60 Lark HT
                        \'63 Wagonaire
                        \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Who ever PM,d me about the 58 wagon your email address keeps bouncing back as undeliverable -try again.This wagon has been in Canada at least 30yrs,he drove on occassion but didn't maintain it well

Comment

Wow, brings back memories of the mid-to-late 1980s when we would keep our eyes out for cheap '57 Clippers to buy just for the blower setups.
                            Paul
                            Winston-Salem, NC
                            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I saw pics of the 58 last year and it needs a lot of help. The copper 57 is extremely clean and an easy starter. I would take a pass on the other one. It needs way to much body work.
                              Last edited by 58PackardWagon; 07-22-2012, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X