Love this Ebay Scotsman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love this Ebay Scotsman

I just love this Scotsman hauler overall, but what I love most is the bed conversion. Admittedly the work involved is probably not for the faint of heart, but that may be one of the best of the late model beds put on one of these. I kept thinking bak to the thread about modern beds for Champs while I was checking it out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item4d033bda62

I have looked at this truck and it is as nice in person as it is in the pictures.
    George King
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

I wounder what it would look like with Stude fenders and no running boards. It's a very high quality build, but to me running boards on a C cab just don't look right.
      TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

Normally I would agree about the running boards on a C cab, but those look right. I generally like everything on the outside of the truck, but not the interior. With the seats set forward and the A/C under the dash, leg room in the already small cab is minimal. It's a beautiful show piece, but unless you were short it would be uncomfortable to drive.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

WOW ...what a beautiful truck !
          You guys can pick it apart all you want....I just would like to own it <g>
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's what my Scotsman wants to be when it grows up. I like it.

Comment

I'm not hammering the builder. I just get tired of seeing Studebaker trucks with bucket seats that don't fit the cab and make them almost unusable. A seat may be very comfortable in a vehicle where it can lean back a bit without being scooted forward, but Studebaker cabs are just not deep enough for most modern seats.
              I still think the builder did a great job putting it together.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

not the world's biggest fan of trucks, or of blue paint, but this one? HOLY SMOKES it all comes together. I love it.
                Looks like inspired workmanship and taste to me
                sigpic
                JohnP, driving & reviving
                60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

That is the most tastefully done Custom I think I have ever seen, and as most of you know Customs are not my thing.
                  But I really would be proud to drive this one!

I think that Blue just absolutely POPS, it is just right for that Truck.
                  Just a very well done Truck, the only thing I am not a fan of is the Che*y rear fenders and the crudedly done Tach.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Nice, but no thanks to non original R series hood and grille and lose those running boards!!! One piece windshield is not rare as seller claims.
                    Bish
                    sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
                    1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
                    1959 4E2 4spd, TT
                    1963 8E28 GSA order
                    1963 8E5 SOLD!
                    1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

Comment

It is a very nice looking truck and the bed fits well but I agree the chevy fenders just don't look as nice as the ones that came with the truck. And the running boards just don't make sense. You open the door and you have two. That was the special thing about the design in the first place, the inside running boards.

Nicely done but I prefer the original design. I like mine better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	May2012 004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1674892
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                      X