Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 Ragtop
    replied
    As others have said, a BIG THANKS to Phil Brown and his dedication to this project. I am sure he has one heck of a BIG smile right now!

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Dresbach
    replied
    I stopped by the museum today on my way home from work and looked in through the window at the Woody. It looks great!

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
    I was at the Museum this morning and helped to push the Woody onto the turn style, if that is what it is called. So it is on display now. Jim
    Thanks for the information and your help. A turntable would be a better description. I remember when a lot of new car dealerships had them in their showrooms. A turnstyle is what people go through, like in a subway.

Leave a comment:

• DieselJim
    replied
    I was at the Museum this morning and helped to push the Woody onto the turn style, if that is what it is called. So it is on display now. Jim

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Dresbach
    replied
    Also need to remember the many volunteers who literally spent thousands of man hours working on this project and those who donated parts and money to the project. It really wouldn't have ever gotten done without them.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
    And let's remember Phil Brown when we're admiring this work of art. This project is memory of Phil and his leadership in bringing it to fruition. Stu Chapman
    Good point, Stu. I hope there is an In Memorium sign testifying to Phil's devotion to this project, "lest we forget." BP

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
    And let's remember Phil Brown when we're admiring this work of art. This project is memory of Phil and his leadership in bringing it to fruition.
    Stu Chapman
    Thanks, Stu. I have thought of Phil each time that there is a posting about the "woody".

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    I plan to leave town by 5:00 a.m. GoogleMaps puts that trip at just over 8 hours. Planning a lunch break and bathroom breaks, I think that I could be there between 2:00 and 3:00. I hope that I can see everything I want to in the museum within an hour, because we're trying to make it to Lansing in time to have a little fun before bedtime.

Thanks, again, for everybody's work on this project. If worse comes to worst, and I don't have the time to stop by on the way up, we'll be retracing our steps on the way home, so I could try to drop by on Sunday.
    I think that you will find that one hour will only cover the "tip of the iceberg".

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    And let's remember Phil Brown when we're admiring this work of art. This project is memory of Phil and his leadership in bringing it to fruition.
    Stu Chapman

Leave a comment:

• Bob Henning
    replied
    Matt,
    I was lucky enough to get many pictures in the past week or so, and you will not be disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    I plan to leave town by 5:00 a.m. GoogleMaps puts that trip at just over 8 hours. Planning a lunch break and bathroom breaks, I think that I could be there between 2:00 and 3:00. I hope that I can see everything I want to in the museum within an hour, because we're trying to make it to Lansing in time to have a little fun before bedtime.

Thanks, again, for everybody's work on this project. If worse comes to worst, and I don't have the time to stop by on the way up, we'll be retracing our steps on the way home, so I could try to drop by on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Henning
    replied
    Peanut,

OK, as of yesterday, the folks at the Museum are 99.5 percent sure that the Woody will be sitting on the turnstile, front and center at the Museum before Saturday.

I hope you are able to stop by and see it. It is really a beautiful car that generations will not only learn the story behind it, but also appreciate special it is.

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    Congratulations!

Thanks to everyone involved in this project for all of your hard work and dedication.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Henning
    replied
    Gentlemen,

According to the Museum, they are 99.5 percent sure it will be on display by Saturday. It will be on the turntable in the window at the Museum. They are just working on the final touches for the display.

Thanks
    Bob H.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by 1961 lark guy View Post
    Matt,
    I will find out when the car gets put on the turnstyle on the ground floor, and leave a message here. I hope it works into your plans. It is pretty nice!
    Bob H.
    Thanks, Bob!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X