The Woody has Arrived at the Museum!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    I plan to leave town by 5:00 a.m. GoogleMaps puts that trip at just over 8 hours. Planning a lunch break and bathroom breaks, I think that I could be there between 2:00 and 3:00. I hope that I can see everything I want to in the museum within an hour, because we're trying to make it to Lansing in time to have a little fun before bedtime.

Thanks, again, for everybody's work on this project. If worse comes to worst, and I don't have the time to stop by on the way up, we'll be retracing our steps on the way home, so I could try to drop by on Sunday.
    I think that you will find that one hour will only cover the "tip of the iceberg".
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
      And let's remember Phil Brown when we're admiring this work of art. This project is memory of Phil and his leadership in bringing it to fruition.
      Stu Chapman
      Thanks, Stu. I have thought of Phil each time that there is a posting about the "woody".
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
        And let's remember Phil Brown when we're admiring this work of art. This project is memory of Phil and his leadership in bringing it to fruition. Stu Chapman
        Good point, Stu. I hope there is an In Memorium sign testifying to Phil's devotion to this project, "lest we forget." BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Also need to remember the many volunteers who literally spent thousands of man hours working on this project and those who donated parts and money to the project. It really wouldn't have ever gotten done without them.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

I was at the Museum this morning and helped to push the Woody onto the turn style, if that is what it is called. So it is on display now. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
              I was at the Museum this morning and helped to push the Woody onto the turn style, if that is what it is called. So it is on display now. Jim
              Thanks for the information and your help. A turntable would be a better description. I remember when a lot of new car dealerships had them in their showrooms. A turnstyle is what people go through, like in a subway.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I stopped by the museum today on my way home from work and looked in through the window at the Woody. It looks great!
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

As others have said, a BIG THANKS to Phil Brown and his dedication to this project. I am sure he has one heck of a BIG smile right now!

Jim
                  "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                  their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
                  X