When is a Studebaker, not a Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is a Studebaker, not a Studebaker

I have owned more than 50 stock Studebakers and three modified Studebakers. I try to appreciate them all and be tolerant of other's desires in vehicles.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

I have owned more than 50 stock Studebakers and three modified Studebakers. I try to appreciate them all and be tolerant of other's desires in vehicles.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Here is another good example of how the posting times are in error on this forum. The response that I posted shows as being 49 minutes earlier than the post that I was responding to, yet other posts that I just made have the correct Central Time.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Here is another good example of how the posting times are in error on this forum. The response that I posted shows as being 49 minutes earlier than the post that I was responding to, yet other posts that I just made have the correct Central Time.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

When is a Studebaker, not a Studebaker

I see some people putting Chev engines in Studebaker,or diffrent sub-frame under it and trying to sell them as Studebakers. Instead of putting a Chev engine in,why don't they just buy a Chev with a chev engine. To me it takes alot of effort to restore a Studebaker back the way is was. On e-bay they should have a misc section just for that. Misc parts car.

1950 Champion business coupe

Comment

Is West Virginia where Jeff is in a different time zone than you are? I always thought it was the time zones vs the Central time they use, but nothing seems to make any sense when it comes to that posting time and placement on the forum string!

quote:Originally posted by studegary

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Is West Virginia where Jeff is in a different time zone than you are? I always thought it was the time zones vs the Central time they use, but nothing seems to make any sense when it comes to that posting time and placement on the forum string!

quote:Originally posted by studegary

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

If everybody with a Studebaker insists on having a Studebaker engine,there might not be enough engines to go around.

LaSalle,Il
                61Hawk
                Oglesby,Il.

Comment

If everybody with a Studebaker insists on having a Studebaker engine,there might not be enough engines to go around.

LaSalle,Il
                  61Hawk
                  Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Yea...49 minutes wouldn't be a time zone thing. Must be something else.

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Yea...49 minutes wouldn't be a time zone thing. Must be something else.

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52hawk

LaSalle,Il
                        61Hawk
                        ...unless, of course everybody with a Studebaker wanted a six-cylinder Studebaker motor. Then, there'd be enough to go around

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                        The Red-Headed Amazon
                        Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
                        "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                        The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52hawk

LaSalle,Il
                          61Hawk
                          ...unless, of course everybody with a Studebaker wanted a six-cylinder Studebaker motor. Then, there'd be enough to go around

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                          The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                          "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                          The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Take it from someone who's been "shown the light". I've got a horn button that I took from a '57 Silver Hawk. The Hawk was gonna be really expensive to restore as it was pretty rough. So, in a moment of inspriation, I simply drove a running, driving, 42" cut, riding lawn mower up under that horn button - secured the mower's steering wheel to the bottom of the Hawk horn button - and created a HIGHLY modified Studebaker.[:0]
                            It was easier, cheaper and it makes cutting the lawn a bit less odious since I get to drive a Studebaker in the process.

Yes, I'm in a "time zone" all my own.Deal with it.

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Take it from someone who's been "shown the light". I've got a horn button that I took from a '57 Silver Hawk. The Hawk was gonna be really expensive to restore as it was pretty rough. So, in a moment of inspriation, I simply drove a running, driving, 42" cut, riding lawn mower up under that horn button - secured the mower's steering wheel to the bottom of the Hawk horn button - and created a HIGHLY modified Studebaker.[:0]
                              It was easier, cheaper and it makes cutting the lawn a bit less odious since I get to drive a Studebaker in the process.

Yes, I'm in a "time zone" all my own.Deal with it.

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X