C/SA Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C/SA Lark

The thread with the '52 Studebaker surrounded by some really cool drag cars got me to looking for some more such pictures. Here is a picture of a supercharged Lark from a newspaper. I am not sure of the year.

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Sure, Joe; that is Gordon Williams' car. It's been discussed here several times, so if you search for his name, you'll find several threads.

It was originally built as an R1 and raced F/SA.

If you have a copy of the February 2009 Collectible Automobile with my article High Performance Studebakers of the 50s and 60s, Gordon's car is pictured in its earlier configuration on Page 64. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The paper it was in was National Dragster.
      101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Here's a couple threads about the car.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...468#post261468

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ordon+williams

Nick

Comment

Sorry about posting this since it has been on the Forum at least twice previously. I never thought to do a search. I should know by now to to that before posting stuff.

Thanks Nick for posting those two links. Lots of interesting stuff there.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
          X