Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker Dealer still Open for Business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SusieQ
    replied
    When I checked online for Buick dealers in Indiana, I found this website in Richmond Indiana... named Studebaker Buick GMC It's Nice to think that a Studebaker dealer is still in business and I guess it is... Roly HamiltonSDC
    http://www.studebakerautos.com/index.htm

Leave a comment:

• 1962larksedan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
    http://www.studebakerbuickpontiacgmc.com/

Locally owned and operated in Richmond, Indiana since 1979. I wouldn't mind having a dealer namplate, tag or license plate frame from this dealership.

Bill Sapp
    Hamlet, NC
    Take a look at the 'Studebaker' sign on the right side of the showroom building.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Bryant
    replied
    In the 60's some of my family members were treated by a Dr. Studebaker in LaGrange, IN. I think he may have been a missionary doctor before starting his practice in LaGrange.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    I've been led to believe the three Stutenbeckers who immigrated in 1736 were the only ones to have the spelling recorded as Studebaker. Leading me to believe there are no Studebakers in the U.S. who are not descended from those original three.
    Note there would have been many family branches by the time the Studebaker brothers started cranking out wagons a hundred-sixteen years later.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I thought that there was already a topic/thread covering this (Studebaker dealership).
    There was back in December when I posted a photo of their Merry Christmas billboard along U.S. 40, Gary. But it wasn't in front of the dealership, so this sign wasn't visible.

Not to say it's never been posted here, though! BP

Leave a comment:

• Lark8girl
    replied
    My travels have taken me to Studebaker Buick, GMC , sevreal times.
    Here are items they gave me.

Husband of Lark VIII girl
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I thought that there was already a topic/thread covering this (Studebaker dealership).

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnnywiffer View Post
    Hey! YOU are REALLY having fun with that scanner, huh, Bob?

John
    Woo-hoo, Johnny...but that was actually a photograph from my camera; no scanning involved. BP

Leave a comment:

• JimC
    replied
    They must be in the import business. I mean, they're still building them up in Canada <G>

It is interesting to see a dealership owned by a "Studebaker". You'd have to think there's some connection there.

Leave a comment:

• Orestudeguy
    replied
    As Bob Palma said, the name of the dealership is Studebaker (owners name) Buick & GMC truck

Leave a comment:

• raprice
    replied
    When I looked at the sign, the only thing that popped into my mind was that the name of the dealership's owner had to be Studebaker. It just looks kinda strange seeing the name on a GMC sign. Good stuff.
    Rog

Leave a comment:

• Johnnywiffer
    replied
    Hey! YOU are REALLY having fun with that scanner, huh, Bob?

John

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
    That style sign wasn't yet in use when Studes were still being produced, so whomever wanted that dealer sign made a deliberate decision to have Studebaker added. Knowing the "rest of the story" would be very interesting.

Maybe the dealership owner's name is Studebaker?
    Yes, Bruce; that is a legitimate sign; not photoshopped or anything.

However, I did take it several years ago, not last Sunday.

That dealership has been there as long as I can remember; the family that owns it is named Studebaker. BP

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bill
    replied
    http://www.studebakerbuickpontiacgmc.com/

Locally owned and operated in Richmond, Indiana since 1979. I wouldn't mind having a dealer namplate, tag or license plate frame from this dealership.

Bill Sapp
    Hamlet, NC

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    That style sign wasn't yet in use when Studes were still being produced, so whomever wanted that dealer sign made a deliberate decision to have Studebaker added. Knowing the "rest of the story" would be very interesting.

Maybe the dealership owner's name is Studebaker?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X