Name:	tires-after.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1736113 & Click image for larger version

Name:	tires-after-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1736114

I know some folks might not go for a whitewall on aftermarket rims, but I think it gives the car a little more "pop", and since it's my car and my money...
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Looks fine to me Jim and I like the looks,though somewhere a sky will fall !
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Looks good to me
      James
      sigpic

Comment

Personally, I like it. I always wanted to do that. It fits the car's personality, for sure!

Comment

Looks good on those rims.

Comment

To be honest: I like the thin whitewall tires on mag wheels for an Old School car.........read that the whitewall is about 3/8" or so in diameter.
            --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Cute, Jim. AMC wheels, right? BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by tutone63 View Post
                Personally, I like it. I always wanted to do that. It fits the car's personality, for sure!
                Hey, if you're ever in the area, the local guys have a breakfast at the Village Inn on Broadway. I was there this morning, blocks away from where it all began (at least for me!). I also met the parents of the guy you bought the car from, and I got to hear some great history on it. It was a blast, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  Cute, Jim. AMC wheels, right? BP
                  Right on Bob. According to the guy who put them on, they were original to an AMC, and did some hard time on a Buick (!!) before coming to find a home on this car.

Comment

Around here we are also known as the "Saturday Diners Club"! GGG
                    Originally posted by JimC View Post
                    Hey, if you're ever in the area, the local guys have a breakfast at the Village Inn on Broadway. I was there this morning, blocks away from where it all began (at least for me!). I also met the parents of the guy you bought the car from, and I got to hear some great history on it. It was a blast, for sure.
                    Frank van Doorn
                    Omaha, Ne.
                    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Right on Bob. According to the guy who put them on, they were original to an AMC, and did some hard time on a Buick (!!) before coming to find a home on this car.
                      Buick? I've never heard of any GM vehicle with a 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern...........although the 1961-63 Pontiac Tempest may be the one exception.
                      --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

That's what I was thinking too, but the original owner who installed them didn't explain on how it came to be. Maybe some sort of resto mod? Who knows. I might ask him for more details next time we chat.

Comment

I think it looks disgusting. I do not think you deserve to drive it and should just hand it over to someone who will treat it the way it should be treated....LOL

Comment

Boy, I'd sure like to see that Buick, Jim; it must've been a real oddball! I can't think of any Buick that uses the 4 1/2" bolt circle diameter common to Studebakers and AMC products, as well as most Ford and MoPar RWD automobiles.

I suppose it makes a good story, but Buicks have either a 4 3/4" or 5" bolt circle diameter. (Don't go back and tell him, though, I'm sure he knows what he is talking about...if you get my drift, as Fonzie would say...) BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Very nice! Just like it has been said, "thin ones" fit very to these rims.

Congrats for the car!!

BRGDS

Comment

Working...
                              X