Don't Blush...Bob Palma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
    Thanks for the compliments John. Yes we did have a stinkingly small budget! Also, let me add my congrats to Bob Palma for his never ending source of information. Stu Chapman
    'Back at you, Stu.

I've long admired what you, Gordon, and the others tried to do with so many obstacles being thrown in your way by people who were hiding their true intentions from you guys.

A commendable undertaking; 'well played with the cards you were dealt. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I'm still new to the forum.... congrats Bob!

Little by little I'll start knowing everyone....

BRGDS

Comment

Originally posted by The Gravedigger View Post
        I'm still new to the forum.... congrats Bob!

Little by little I'll start knowing everyone....BRGDS
        Welcome aboard, Nick.

How about some "before" pictures of that '52 2R5, "Rising from Rust?"

Is much road salt used in Brazil that would have eaten it up as in the mid-northern climates of North America? BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hey Bob, thank you!

Actually this truck was "living" in Uruguai for its entire life.... then somebody had decided that buying it and taking it ilegally to Brazil would be a good idea.... and it was, for me... The government took the truck and made a public sale of it (and also another 15 cars, many of them in a very good condition).

I've got some pics of the Stude on:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ot-Rod-process

and here as well, a blog that I update weekly with some content regading the Studebaker truck and also I'll start putting some info about Stude's in general.

http://studebaker52.blogspot.com.br/

Not much salt.... I think it was much carelessness from previous owners.... I just bought it, so the gentlemen here will be able to see all the process, step by step! I hope it contributes in some way to the renewing process of other Studes, more trucks in my case....

One weird thing is that I've started to post the same process on the classic cars forum from Brazil..... nobody even says "hello", and even more because the truck came from Uruguai so they have this preconception..... I really don't understand.... anyway, I've got a Stude and they don't.....

Comment

To: The Gravedigger,------Greetings! You know the new 2012 Chevy Colorado Pickup has a body line on the rear 1/4', (pickup bed side panel), somewhat similar to the sculpted body line on the bed of Your Studebaker......
            Best of luck with Your project!

Comment

Working...
            X