Another price drop: $2,000 for my 1962 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another price drop: $2,000 for my 1962 Lark

Still no serious nibbles so the prices goes down. If it doesn't sell at 2 grand, I'll keep it.
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

I realize the cash would be handy, but you've put lots of time into your car, keep the thing and dust it occasionally (LOL) it'll cost far more than $2K to replace it. All the best regardless of your ultimate decision.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

can you post the new pix you took? are you going to try eBay again? how about a drive report, starting, stopping, steering, shifting, any noises?
      sigpic
      JohnP, driving & reviving
      60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Car's on eBay.

It starts, runs, drives and stops. Note since it started out life as a 3 spd stick; I don't have a proper AT shifter so I used the '2nd and 3rd' range on the column as my selector. The clutch pedal is still there too.

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1962-...item1c2902a9be

But the pictures look the same as before............??
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

But what would be the cost to insure it and pay for new registration/plates? Do the non-Studebaker modifications potentially affect the sale price? This recession has done a number sadly on the resale value of Studebakers.

Comment

Originally posted by TomB View Post
              But what would be the cost to insure it and pay for new registration/plates? Do the non-Studebaker modifications potentially affect the sale price? This recession has done a number sadly on the resale value of Studebakers.

Registration is about $25 a year and basic insurance about $45 a month but I'm 54 years old with a perfect driving record.

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1962-...item1c2902a9be

But the pictures look the same as before............??
                I wasn't able to grab pics earlier, tomorrow I will.

Comment

You are paying $45.00 a month for insurance? WOW! I've got two running, driving Studes. I drive each of them as regularly as possible. I have one speeding ticket, about two years old now. I pay $145.00 per year for insurance on both of them, agreed value on each is well over the $2000 you are asking for your Lark. I'm with Grundy, but there are other companies that can do as well, maybe better.

Comment

Originally posted by whacker View Post
                    You are paying $45.00 a month for insurance? WOW! I've got two running, driving Studes. I drive each of them as regularly as possible. I have one speeding ticket, about two years old now. I pay $145.00 per year for insurance on both of them, agreed value on each is well over the $2000 you are asking for your Lark. I'm with Grundy, but there are other companies that can do as well, maybe better.
                    I was referring to my Lark if I insured it by itself. The monthly premium for both it and my minivan is about $70 a month.

UPDATE: I uploaded 8 new pics to the eBay ad a few minutes ago.

Comment

Bump to top.

Comment

Working...
                      X