Dads Surgery , Studebakers and Sacramento Trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dads Surgery , Studebakers and Sacramento Trips

Well Dad had his surgery on the 20th of June. They finally released him on Friday the 6th of July. He came through it really well considering that he is 81 yrs old. I am his care giver and he lives on the next block behind me. So I have been real busy as of lately. 6 trips back and forth to Sacramento.
    We will be heading back that way about 5am on Monday for a check up. He has a feeding apparatus that he has to be hooked up to for about 16 hours a day plus they want him to eat 5 small meals aday. In about two months when he is stronger they will start Chemo if he decides to do so. So I am one busy person I am still working too two jobs hurt my back last week too. Anyhow this brings me to the Studebaker content.

A few weeks back I bought the remains of a 1958 PackardHawk. If anyone is interested in the whole lot to build a clone Mr Biggs has offered the body tag that belongs to it here is a link to the parts pictures. It would be easier on me at this time to just sell everything together. I dont have the time or the energy . Buyer must make own shipping arrangements will help as much as my limited time will allow.
    $2500. or best offer. My son has offered to sell everything for me if I can't sell it as a group.
    http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/...0Hawk%20Parts/
    nw3anne@hotmail.com
    put packardhawk in the subject line
    Thank you
    Anne
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

geesh, Anne, I guess call me stupid but I didn't know your dad needed/had surgery, or that you had been hurt. I feel really bad. I am so glad your dad is doing better, and I hope his checkups continue to show that. And you need to feel much better real quick. Not being able to carry Stude parts around on your back is no good for our hobby......

Wish I could help with the Packard, but can't.

Best wishes for EVERYTHING!

Comment

Anne,

Since you are an expert now at driving to Sacramento, you should sign up some Studebakers for the CAM cruise on Saturday, August 4th. Johna Pierce bought the rights to have Studebakers lead the cruise so we need all the Studebakers we can get to represent. Check it out at the California Auto Museum web site. Hopefully your Dad will have recovered enough to ride in the parade.

Spread the word.
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Perhaps you should do it Jon, Anne said she has 2 jobs and her Father how much is she expected to do, I believe you are retired and may have more time than Anne.
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Anne, I'm so sorry to hear all that's going on. I hope the situation improves soon and you and your dad both get well quickly.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
            Perhaps you should do it Jon, Anne said she has 2 jobs and her Father how much is she expected to do, I believe you are retired and may have more time than Anne.
            Already working on it from my neck of the woods. I just threw it out there for Anne as a way to unwind after such a stressful time. I certainly did not intend to be disrespectful of what Anne is currently undergoing.

You are welcome to join us as well. I realize it may be a bit far for you though.

BTW, I am retired but working full time to pay off my Studebaker loan....
            Jon Stalnaker
            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Hi Anne hope your Dad & you will be feeling better soon.

Comment

Anne, Wishing the best for your father, will keep him in our prayers.

Pat
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Anne: Our prayers are with you and your Dad.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

To, Anne F. Goodman------Hope this day, Your Birthday, is a happy one!

Comment

Thank you so far so good. Today we are having our annual Pot Luck Chapter Meeting should be alot of Fun. A day off.
                      Mabel 1949 Champion
                      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                      Gus 1958 Transtar
                      The Prez 1955 President State
                      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                      Fresno,Ca

Comment

Working...
                      X