The things one can learn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
    He is not the first person to learn thing or 2 from you Bob....

I am just curious if people think that AMC owned Studebaker because the last models looked a bit like some of the AMC line up, OR, did someone just start a rumor that has got accepted like an urban myth.
    Actually, Kelly; most non-car people have a hard time believing that every automobile ever made in The United States wasn't some product of General Motors, Ford Motor Company, or Chrysler Corporation.

They consider themselves enlightened if they expand their window of knowledge to include American Motors, since it lasted as an independent until 1988, almost a quarter-century after Studebaker faded from the automotive landscape.

AMC might be the only non-Big-Three of which they are aware, so they figger Studebakerhad to be an AMC product if it didn't come from The Big Three! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Has anyone else heard, as did I at an art gallery exhibit, about when "the Granatelli brothers bought Studebaker"? This nugget was shared with me by a long-term, large local new/used car dealer. I might still have a little scar tissue from having bitten my lip so as not to correct/embarrass him in front of his wife, the gallery owner. I think "Oh, I hadn't heard about that" was what I came up with.

JSC

Comment

You know - at first I was talking to (or thought I was) the white-haired gent that allowed as how he'd made a living rebuilding automatic trannies. At some point in my pontificating, I turned a bit tro see that everyone else was listening to me. At that point I volunteered some facts about the Studebaker company and the exit from the automaking business. Heh - the white-haired gent wasn't gonna give up wtithout "teaching me" at least ONE nugget of insight. That's when he drew his other pistol and shot me with the bullet about Stude's failing thanks in no small part to their being "ahead of their time" technology-wise. LOL!

You know, ALOT of the so-called history of the United States that we were taught in school is just plain wrong! With that in mind, I suppose I can give these "experts" a bit of a pass. No?
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
        X