My Power Hawk Project is now on Hold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Power Hawk Project is now on Hold

Well for those of you that know I have been working on the 56 Power Hawk that I recently aquired, you probably know that I bought a Dana 44 rear-end, NOS front backing plates, drums, wheel cylinders, master cylinder, and brake lines along with numerous other items for the project, at the SB Meet.
    The good news is: I got the rear-end and all of the brake parts replaced, brake lines bled. Last Wednesday I was pretty excited about trying to finish the final steps so I could take it out for a short drive, I had the front wheels back on the car, I had torqued the left rear axle nut and had put that wheel back on, and then moved to the other side and was just about finished tightening the right rear axle nut when I heard what sounded like a piece of paper being torn, the tearing sound came from my right shoulder, only after hearing this sound, did I feel the sharp burning pain in my shoulder.
    The Bad News: My daughter the nurse got me an appointment with one of the doctors in the orthopedic practice that she works in. He told me today, that I have a torn rotator cuff and I need to have it surgically repaired [xx(] I am to have surgery a week from this Thursday, My arm will have to be in a sling for 6 weeks, he predicts that I will not be able to pull or push on any wrenches for 4 monthes [V] What a bummer. So it looks like my 56 Power Hawk project will be on hold for a few monthes
    BTW - I am not looking for sympathy - I just feel the need to vent!

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    51 Champion
    Phil
    Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    56 Power Hawk
    Phil Hendrickson
    Arnold, Missouri

Bummer, Phil.

Take the full time to heal properly. The project will wait for you!

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Bummer, Phil.

Take the full time to heal properly. The project will wait for you!

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Man! Bad news, Phil! Well - do right by yourself. Don't rush it. I could relate from experience, how foolish it is to ignore the doc's advice.[V] Been there - done that and paid fror it.[xx(]

The Hawk'll wait for you.

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Man! Bad news, Phil! Well - do right by yourself. Don't rush it. I could relate from experience, how foolish it is to ignore the doc's advice.[V] Been there - done that and paid fror it.[xx(]

The Hawk'll wait for you.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bummer, Phil.

You need a junior wrench-puller to do the heavy lifting, while you relax in a lounge chair, shoulder elevated, and self-medicating. Gin and tonic is about right in this hot weather.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Bummer, Phil.

You need a junior wrench-puller to do the heavy lifting, while you relax in a lounge chair, shoulder elevated, and self-medicating. Gin and tonic is about right in this hot weather.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Phil! From what I've seen with rotator cuffs, they tend to repair well; they fix it, you do the therapy to get it healed, then you get back to your life![^]

Maybe I should send my nephew Evyn to be your hands for a while...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Phil! From what I've seen with rotator cuffs, they tend to repair well; they fix it, you do the therapy to get it healed, then you get back to your life![^]

Maybe I should send my nephew Evyn to be your hands for a while...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

Comment

Phil,

Sound like an opportunity to move to management where you can organize, supervise and deputize.... (and hopefully find someone else to finish the job). Get well soon.

Gary

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Phil,

Sound like an opportunity to move to management where you can organize, supervise and deputize.... (and hopefully find someone else to finish the job). Get well soon.

Gary

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Man, and I thought I was bad off because of the engine troubles in my 52. Engine problems are minor compared to your health. I hope you will be OK and back on the Power Hawk project soon.

Leonard Shepherd
                        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Man, and I thought I was bad off because of the engine troubles in my 52. Engine problems are minor compared to your health. I hope you will be OK and back on the Power Hawk project soon.

Leonard Shepherd
                          http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Hey, Phil
                            Life is what happens while you are planning for something else!
                            Lay low and take the time to heal. Yes, the time will pass slowly, but don't rush it. The Hawk will wait for you.

Good luck with the surgery.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                            53 Starliner Hardtop
                            Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Hey, Phil
                              Life is what happens while you are planning for something else!
                              Lay low and take the time to heal. Yes, the time will pass slowly, but don't rush it. The Hawk will wait for you.

Good luck with the surgery.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                              53 Starliner Hardtop
                              Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Working...
                              X