Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs K Corbin
    replied
    I've got a 4bbl intake on a 232 if anyone needs it... could swap for a half decent C-Cab seat...

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Pretty soon unaltered late (low) 2bbl manifolds will become the rarity!!

Leave a comment:

• 4jc8z
    replied
    Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
    I'll take all of them and will pay you ASAP via PayPal...
    Jeff
    Jeff,
    Hoping maybe you will see this. Sent you a PM with pictures of the manifolds on tuesday and there has been no responce since. Perhaps somehow attaching a picture to a PM made it disapear into cyberspace, and you never got the PM's. I don't know if you got it or not. Or if by some reason you have decided you don't want the manifolds, please let me know. Thanks Heather

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied

No adapter needed*

* If you are using a modern AFB with a Stude A/T, the GM kickdown linkage piece on the AFB carb that hangs down below the throotle shaft needs to be trimmed at the fold seam so the throttle shaft arm will clear the heat crossover part of the intake casting.

Some Stude applications are height sensitive for hood clearance, so every little bit helps.

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
    I believe the converted intakes would fit both 259's and 289's. My understanding is one would have to use a spacer under a modern 4-barrel carb for linkages to clear or modify the existing linkages.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    I'll make room in the truck for them Jeff.

Seems like all I've done this year is haul intakes across the country for you. <grin>

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    I believe the converted intakes would fit both 259's and 289's. My understanding is one would have to use a spacer under a modern 4-barrel carb for linkages to clear or modify the existing linkages.

Leave a comment:

• cultural infidel
    replied
    Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
    1965 and '66 would be small block Chevys...it would make no sense to convert them to 4-barrel...far too many oe and aftermarket 4-barrel intakes on the market. There would be no economic sense to do so.
    That's kind of what I thought. I know that they are all SBC's. Would this then refer to the 259's? I may look at this option for the 60 if so.

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    1965 and '66 would be small block Chevys...it would make no sense to convert them to 4-barrel...far too many oe and aftermarket 4-barrel intakes on the market. There would be no economic sense to do so.

Leave a comment:

• cultural infidel
    replied
    by late model, are we talking 65-66? how much does it cost to convert a 2 to a 4? I never knew it was possible

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    You read my mind...
    Do you think they would go carry on OK????

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    Want me to bring them home for you Jeff?

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Want me to bring them home for you Jeff?

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
    I'll take all of them and will pay you ASAP via PayPal... Jeff
    But wait- I have not sent Heather your (or the other folk's) contact info yet...
    Good score Jeff!!!

If I thought Dad could haul them home in his luggage--
    I'd have done the deal an hour ago.

StudeDave '57

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    I'll take all of them and will pay you ASAP via PayPal...
    Jeff

Originally posted by 4jc8z View Post
    Who is currently converting the late 2bbl intakes to 4bbl?

A family member has at least half a dozen of the late 2bbl ones if the person doing the 4bbl conversion is looking for cores and will be at South Bend, or have somebody pick them up on their behalf. Price is $10 each delivered to South Bend.

If the person doing these conversions sees this, or somebody knows who it is, shoot me a PM and I will put you in contact.
    Heather

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    The one in Georgia is Jeff Rice (Deepnhock on this forum).

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    I know of at least three folks doing these conversions~
    • one in Oregon
    • one in Georgia
    • one in Arizona

I'll see if I can find their contact info for you.

But FYI~ the last two visit/post here on the Forum often.
    Maybe they'll be along shortly???

StudeDave '57

Leave a comment:

Working...
X