No announcement yet.

Parting 62 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its good. I have the body off the frame now, it amazes me how solid the frame is compared to the body shell. It about buckled up when I removed it, the frame/batwing look very good.
    1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Update:

I pulled the engine and tranny today. I got the crank out of the block. The 289 crank is OK. It will need to be turned down. To be perfect. It has some light scratches. I don't think I am going to salvage the block. It had three pistons that were stuck. It was a real pain in the a$$ to get the crank out. Anybody need any of the engine parts before I scrap it out?
      1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Damn I wish I was closer I would buy the whole rolling frame from u

Comment

Just a reminder....

I still have many parts left. I will be in south bend on Wednesday and Thursday. I am bringing a few things now. Anyone else still interested? The power steering stuff is still available, the 289 crank is too, batwing is not rusted.
          1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Kurt, I'm interested in the 289 crank. Do you have any idea how much it will need to be turned down? If it can be done with .010 on the rods and mains, I'll take it. I'll be in SB on tuesday and wednesday, so we should be able to get the business taken care of. How much $$ do you need for it? By the way, is the block possibly a full flow? If it is, I'd suggest you hang on to it. The frozen pistons CAN be gotten out with a little cautious work. Thanks, hope to see you this wednesday. Bill

Comment

Working...
            X