1960 Studebaker Silver Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Studebaker Silver Hawk

I'm currently restoring my dad's 1960 Studebaker hawk. Does anybody Know were I can find door panels
    for this particular vehicle. The only one I could find online was I think from Southeast Studebaker.

They wanted around 900 bucks. They were nice but not 900 dollars nice. They were new, I just don't want to buy them for that price.

I want to buy some nice old ones, but having a hard time finding any. I missed out on one from ebay which were nice looking.

I found some cardstock ones on studebaker international. They were not uppholsterd just the board.

Anyway, if anybody know were I can find some new or good used ones, I would greatly appreciate it.

I've got the same car, I will be looking soon too, let me know
    What you find

Comment

Are they that hard to find ? What color interior panel are you guys looking for !!!! Any should fit from 1956 - 1961 and maybe GT Hawk !

Comment

I just reworked all my old panels almost had them redone with new, thats how bad they were. I started making templets of what was left of the old backing, with a new building foundation from homedepot, i purchased two 4x8 sheets of tempered hard board, get the thicker of the two in stock so the 1/4" staples wont blow threw the other side. worked out great for what junk i started with as they were wrinkled, dry rotted, faded, shrunken, filthy and smelled. they still look old and beat up but still very close to factory stock look. cut all your panels and mount them up dont forget to cut all the holes before recovering, i sun bathed the vinyl for a few hours on a very hot day to stretch them back. approximately about 5,000 staples were involved, cost about 40 bucks and 3 days. Of course this is a low budget driver but some very satisfying results were accomplished on a low budget.

USASTUDE

Comment

Any good upholstery shop should be able to build you new ones. I know my guy can but he's to far from you to do you any good but the guy does amazing work. Had him price out a gt and his price to do a whole package was $500 more than the cost of a kit and all I have to do is take him the car and pick it up. THe kit you still have to put on and installed and if something doesn't fit right you have to live with it. His work will be perfect and my guess is better material to.

Comment

Originally posted by avanti76 View Post
            Are they that hard to find ? What color interior panel are you guys looking for !!!! Any should fit from 1956 - 1961 and maybe GT Hawk !
            Hello, I will be looking for a tan/brown color in the future.
            Joliet ha? I'm in Chicago, I'd like to pick your brain sometime, I have a million Stude questions.

Comment

havent been to an upholsterer yet but not too excited to pay 2 grand for the whole kit from southeast stude.

Comment

You can buy the water proof cardboard from most automotive upholsterers, cost about $25 per sheet maybe more depending on how big you get. Then cut your own use the old ones as a pattern

Comment

Anytime you can PM me here!
                  Originally posted by adolphpeavy View Post
                  Hello, I will be looking for a tan/brown color in the future.
                  Joliet ha? I'm in Chicago, I'd like to pick your brain sometime, I have a million Stude questions.

Comment

I'm thinking about just getting the cardstock ones from Loga Enterprises. There $86 bucks I think. They have all the holes precut. I'm thinking about getting an upholstery to do the rest.
                    If Southeast Studebaker was reasonably priced, I would buy from them. They do good work. They look just like the originals, but I'm not paying $900. But you do get the door panels, rear, and some other stuff.
                    The ones I have are just about totally destroyed. I don't think I could even get a pattern off of them. I bought some rear panels off ebay. They are red. I can just buy some fabric paint and paint them black.

Comment

Working...
                    X