Ernie Stoltzfus - RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernie Stoltzfus - RIP

It is with a heavy heart that I report the passing of fellow SDC and Forum Member Ernie Stoltzfus. Ernie, 55, of Christiana Pa. died Thurs. 7/5/2012. A great friend, I will miss him.
    Jim S.
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
    It is with a heavy heart that I report the passing of fellow SDC and Forum Member Ernie Stoltzfus. Ernie, 55, of Christiana Pa. died Thurs. 7/5/2012. A great friend, I will miss him. Jim S.
    OMG; a heavy heart indeed; only 55!
    Ernie was a great guy and will be missed.
    Condolences to the family; this is terrible news. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Sad to hear, Ernie was a member of the Studebaker Truck Farmers.

Here is a link to the obituary:

http://lancasteronline.com/obituarie...Stoltzfus.html

Comment

Ohhh...... my heart is broken.

Ernie is now and forever whole, well, and at peace. It is us who cared about him who will hurt. Jim- how wonderful that you were a rock-solid, true friend to him as he struggled. God Bless you as well

RIP, and Godspeed, my good friend. Things won't be the same without you.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
          Sad to hear, Ernie was a member of the Studebaker Truck Farmers.

Here is a link to the obituary:

http://lancasteronline.com/obituarie...Stoltzfus.html
          Thanks for posting the link Gary.
          Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
            Ohhh...... my heart is broken.

Ernie is now and forever whole, well, and at peace. It is us who cared about him who will hurt. Jim- how wonderful that you were a rock-solid, true friend to him as he struggled. God Bless you as well

RIP, and Godspeed, my good friend. Things won't be the same without you.
            Thanks Bob. JS

Comment

This is really hard. I know how hard Ernie fought.

This song came immediately to mind and has been stuck in my head. Listen if you want; especially the last 4 lines. In memory of all who fought this fight, and to those that still are, here is my favorite band, 311:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGl2NvFNCSY

EDIT: A few were having trouble with the link, so this is a better one. Under the picture are the lyrics.

Last edited by Bob Andrews; 07-08-2012, 04:38 PM.
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Jim
                Sorry to hear of Ernie's passing. He was a cool guy who helped me with many parts & advice over the years. He did a lot for Studebaker & Keystone Chapter. I will miss him. You & your family are in my prayers as well.
                Rob

Comment

JIm,
                  I too am sorry to hear if Ernie's passing. I've often thought of him when I got into the Daytona I got from him. I'd sensed a bit urgency in his liquidating his things, but this never entered my mind. He'll surely be missed.
                  Kim

Comment

RIP Ernie. You'll be missed here, for sure.
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Oh... oh. He will be missed here, for sure.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

jim really sorry to hear about ernie very nice guy he will be missed

Comment

Better link added.
                          Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                          X